• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 10 - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
Really, really suckage that such a tough match might be decided on a coin flip. Hoping the new pitch is a lively one.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Nothing much to choose between the teams apart from the fact that SL might have a little edge in the batting department. Bowling looks fairly healthy for both sides.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Maybe, if they selected them. But currently the attack includes Robin Peterson and Johan Botha, so 'fraid not.
SA'can Pace attack is better than SL and yeah may edge out Pak as well. Tahir looks really good. Botha is decent like Rehman.

salman85

International Debutant
Apparently we've go in with the same team that beat Kenya.No changes expected.I'm happy with that,but the problem is Razzaq's bowling.But the man has been written off time and again,and has bounced back.I expect the same tomorrow,keeping his good record against Srilanka in mind.

Pakistan FTW.

Xuhaib

International Coach
don't rate Sa bowling attack very highly Steyn in odi's is not the god that he is in tests reckon there are atleast 5 odi fast bowlers better then him,spinners are unproven or average only Morne is genuine world class.

Woodster

International Captain
Think this could be the game that really gets the WC going, with India v England on Sunday, it could be a great World Cup weekend.

If Pakistan and Sri Lanka bring their 'A' games to Colombo, it really could go right to the wire, and we could be in for an absolute treat. Such good potential match-ups to watch out for too, Dilshan up against Shoaib, watching Sangakkara and Jayawardene manipulate the ball around cleverly and attractively against the spin of Afridi, Hafeez and Rehman, Umar Gul's death bowling against Mathews and co.

Then Malinga, should he be deemed fit, potentially bowling in powerplay overs against the powerful strokeplay of Umar Akmal, Afridi, Razzaq, etc. Can Misbah and Younis dig them out of a hole against Murali and Mendis should they lose a couple of early ones ?

It promises to be an exhilarating match-up if it lives up to its potential.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
what a bloody cracker this will be:

Pakistan (probable): 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Ahmed Shehzad, 3 Kamran Akmal (wk), 4 Younis Khan, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Umar Akmal, 7 Shahid Afridi (capt), 8 Abdul Razzaq, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Abdur Rehman, 11 Shoaib Akhtar

Sri Lanka (probable): 1 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 2 Upul Tharanga, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), 4 Mahela Jayawardene, 5 Chamara Kapugedera, 6 Thilan Samaraweera, 7 Angelo Mathews, 8 Thisara Perera, 9 Nuwan Kulasekara, 10 Ajantha Mendis, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan

the pakistani lineup looks stronger, more balanced and hungrier.
although lankans have 5 or so good players, the others seem a tad wishy-washy and i dont know how they'll cope with the quality of a gul/akhtar/afridi bowling, or bowling to guys like younis, razzak, misbah, umar, shehzad. Pakistan certainly have more firepower.

I'm tipping pakistan to play out of their skin, and make a real statement. But Lanka won't embarass themselves, they'll lose playing good cricket.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
i literally LMAO, I know you like Fernando but I cringe every time I see him in the playing XI.
SL's version of Ajit Agarkar, utterly crap player that keeps getting selected for close to a decade.

And there is no way that Murali gets dropped either.
The XI i would like to see;
Tharanga, Dilshan, Sangakkara, MJ, Samaraweera,Mathews, Perera, Kulasekera, Malinga, Murali, Herath.

Ideally no Tharanga either, but with the selected squad this is the best we got.
I know that many people does not like Fernando, but his inclusion should be counted as a gamble. If he comes good will get best of batsmen. If you expect consistency from him, then there's a problem with your game plan.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
what a bloody cracker this will be:

Pakistan (probable): 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Ahmed Shehzad, 3 Kamran Akmal (wk), 4 Younis Khan, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Umar Akmal, 7 Shahid Afridi (capt), 8 Abdul Razzaq, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Abdur Rehman, 11 Shoaib Akhtar

Sri Lanka (probable): 1 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 2 Upul Tharanga, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), 4 Mahela Jayawardene, 5 Chamara Kapugedera, 6 Thilan Samaraweera, 7 Angelo Mathews, 8 Thisara Perera, 9 Nuwan Kulasekara, 10 Ajantha Mendis, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan

the pakistani lineup looks stronger, more balanced and hungrier.
although lankans have 5 or so good players, the others seem a tad wishy-washy and i dont know how they'll cope with the quality of a gul/akhtar/afridi bowling, or bowling to guys like younis, razzak, misbah, umar, shehzad. Pakistan certainly have more firepower.

I'm tipping pakistan to play out of their skin, and make a real statement. But Lanka won't embarass themselves, they'll lose playing good cricket.
Dilshan, Sangakkara, Mathews, Kulasekara, Malinga, Murali, Perera - there are 7 infact and Mahela can be counted in if opening. SL bowling attack is much more disciplined and in form than Pakistan one. Perera's bowling will decide the match IMO. Predicting him to take a five-for.