• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 9 - Bangladesh v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tooextracool

International Coach
Shakib clearly trying to restrict the run rate rather than take wickets here, saving himself for when the game is already over. What genius.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shakib clearly trying to restrict the run rate rather than take wickets here, saving himself for when the game is already over. What genius.
I don't think he'd be bowling Shafiul if he wanted to restrict the rate. I think he just backs the quicks over himself to get Kevin out after seeing him hammer Ashraful. He's actually a better player of pace than spin though, supposedly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wow. Such a stupid shot to play with the man back. He absolutely middled it too; what was he trying to achieve exactly?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Such a stupid shot to play with the man back. He absolutely middled it too; what was he trying to achieve exactly?
It's a real shame - the game was there for the taking. It'll be tough for the lower order to see them home now,.

tooextracool

International Coach
All 5 wickets have fallen to the spinners this innings. The idea of bowling some no hoper of a medium pacer on a slow pitch rather than an experienced spinner who averages in the low 20s is baffling beyond belief. Barring a miracle, this game was lost the moment that Shakib brought Ashraful on after Niall O'Brien was dismissed. They could easily have finished the game then had they gone for the kill.

EDIT: and I suppose on cue, someone throws it away.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shafiul bowling much, much better this spell. Shakib still needs to bring himself on.

Edit: Cue **** one down the leg side.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone explain how that lbw wasn't reversed? It wasn't 'clipping the leg stump' as Gavaskar seemed to suggest.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if that's the rule then it's very rough tstl. The ball was clearly hitting the leg stump, surprised Naeem took it so well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Johnston needs to just go for it now IMO. That's his natural game, and I don't have much faith at all in Dockrell and Rankin to survive what's coming down.