• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 9 - Bangladesh v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This could well be a crucial partnership. 200 is competitive, 180 isn't.
My thoughts too, even though Razzak's gone now. I have absolutely no idea how wll Ireland play spin: my guess is that Joyce will be absolutely vital to their chances.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
My thoughts too, even though Razzak's gone now. I have absolutely no idea how wll Ireland play spin: my guess is that Joyce will be absolutely vital to their chances.
Joyce, Portefield and N Obrien can play spin, the rest are basically useless.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Commentary saying this is a par 200 pitch. Still a lot of pressure on the Bangladesh seamers.

If I were Shakib I'd open with Razzak. They've got to bowl Ireland out and spin is the only way they'll manage it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Botha or K'Obrien would easily be better.
Probably in this situation, yeah. When teams are looking to go big in the last couple of overs though (ie. a normal death bowling situation) I'd disagree though. Should just pick Cusack and not show him the ball until the 40th over.

pup11

International Coach
In a way this bowling effort from the Irish does show up the Indian bowling attack.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In a way this bowling effort from the Irish does show up the Indian bowling attack.
Different pitch, and Bangladesh batted a lot better against India. I've actually seen Ireland bowl a lot better than this before; most of the bowlers were actually pretty disappointing IMO.

Blaze 18

Banned
Nah, it's definitely an upset if Ireland win this. Not a huge one, but definitely an upset in these conditions. There's not much between the teams but Bangladesh are definitely a little bit better and that difference is quite exaggerated at home.

It'd be akin to England beating South Africa, say.
I agree with your post in general. I guess it depends on how stringent you are with your definition of 'upset'. In my opinion, there has to be a massive gulf between the sides for an underdog win to be termed an upset. I wouldn't call England beating South Africa an upset, for instance. Fair enough if someone wants to classify every underdog win as an upset; not something I would do, however.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Does anyone know why no runs were given on when Razzak was given out but then reviewed it and was changed to not out, I'm sure theball went for a boundary. Seems a tad unfair if no runs are given off a wrong decision.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Does anyone know why no runs were given on when Razzak was given out but then reviewed it and was changed to not out, I'm sure theball went for a boundary. Seems a tad unfair if no runs are given off a wrong decision.
Yeah I've no idea either mate. Noone said anything on air though.

Guess it could be a talking point if we get home by one wicket.

On these pitches, with this crowd, this would definitely be an upset for us.

Bangladesh are tough here. Crap batting today not withstanding.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So cut about this, I basically always want Ireland to do well unless it's against England. However, for Bangladesh's sake as a team still trying to establish themselves I can't help but feel that losing here would be 2 steps back from what they achieved in New Zealand. They really ought to be beating teams like Ireland if they want to start being taken seriously.
A win for cricket is all I ask. Whatever that is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So cut about this, I basically always want Ireland to do well unless it's against England. However, for Bangladesh's sake as a team still trying to establish themselves I can't help but feel that losing here would be 2 steps back from what they achieved in New Zealand. They really ought to be beating teams like Ireland if they want to start being taken seriously.
A win for cricket is all I ask. Whatever that is.
Well the best thing for cricket would be if Bangladesh maintained the standards they set against New Zealand but Ireland lifted and managed to top that.

It hasn't really been like that at all though so far, sadly. Some really **** cricket from both teams. Dockrell was superb but everyone else (from both sides) has been 'inconsistent' at best.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the best thing for cricket would be if Bangladesh maintained the standards they set against New Zealand but Ireland lifted and managed to top that.

It hasn't really been like that at all though so far, sadly. Some really **** cricket from both teams. Dockrell was superb but everyone else (from both sides) has been 'inconsistent' at best.
Yeah, by "this" I meant the fact Bangladesh had been skittled for 200+**** all.