• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 9 - Bangladesh v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Well done Bangladesh, I feel numb after that loss, I just wanted the win so much, well we had a great first innings and we will learn from the chase,

England is next :)...

Challis

U19 12th Man
Well done Bangladesh, I feel numb after that loss, I just wanted the win so much, well we had a great first innings and we will learn from the chase,

England is next :)...
Commiserations mate, I know how you feel, god knows the number of times Bangladesh have played well only to fall over the final hurdle.

Whilst the game was "ugly" with both sides making numerous mistakes, it was none the less still very exciting to watch. I was very impressed with the Irish players and hope the ICC will support them on their course to become a Test playing nation. Irish opener, do you think the likes of Morgan, and Joyce would choose to stay and play for Ireland rather than England, if Ireland were a Test playing nation?

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Commiserations mate, I know how you feel, god knows the number of times Bangladesh have played well only to fall over the final hurdle.

Whilst the game was "ugly" with both sides making numerous mistakes, it was none the less still very exciting to watch. I was very impressed with the Irish players and hope the ICC will support them on their course to become a Test playing nation. Irish opener, do you think the likes of Morgan, and Joyce would choose to stay and play for Ireland rather than England, if Ireland were a Test playing nation?
Well if Ireland was a Test playing Nation come tomorrow Morgan would be back, I know someone who knows him and the guy that knows Morgan said this, '' if Morgan could play Test Cricket for Ireland he would have no hesitation in coming back ''

and Joyce will not go back to England even if he is offered Test Cricket,

also could you imagine if Ireland had this team today,

Porterfield,
Stirling,
Joyce,
N'OB,
Morgan,
Hamish Marshall,
Cusack,
K'OB,
Botha/Mooney/Johnston,
Dockrell,
Rankin,

wish Morgan would come back :dry: :laugh:...

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Hope Morgan doesn't go back, he's an absolute integral part of our ODI side now, and hopefully could have a similar impact in Test cricket.

Despite it being in Bangladesh's home conditions, I did expect Ireland to give them a real run for their money today. In players such as Porterfield, Joyce, O'Brien bros, Rankin and Dockrell, they have a nucleus of a competitive ODI side, underestimated at opponents peril, especially against the slightly weaker nations.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Hope Morgan doesn't go back, he's an absolute integral part of our ODI side now, and hopefully could have a similar impact in Test cricket.

You have Luke Wright and Bopara though :happy:,

how about you keep Morgan and send us Bell :laugh:, I'm a huge fan of Bell, a brilliant player in any side and in any format...

Woodster

International Captain
You have Luke Wright and Bopara though :happy:,

how about you keep Morgan and send us Bell :laugh:, I'm a huge fan of Bell, a brilliant player in any side and in any format...
Not sure about the productivity of Luke Wright, and I am a fan of Bopara, just not sure they've found his actual role in the side just yet, or that he hasn't earned it just yet.

Yes Bell is a lovely batsman, and while Morgan doesn't possess the same silky strokeplay we all know the strengths he brings to any side. Just hope he can nail it in Test cricket too.

You must be hopeful of Ireland putting in a decent display again in this WC ?

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Not sure about the productivity of Luke Wright, and I am a fan of Bopara, just not sure they've found his actual role in the side just yet, or that he hasn't earned it just yet.

Yes Bell is a lovely batsman, and while Morgan doesn't possess the same silky strokeplay we all know the strengths he brings to any side. Just hope he can nail it in Test cricket too.

You must be hopeful of Ireland putting in a decent display again in this WC ?
Well I think we have run England close on a lot of occasions but England are a good side, I can't say I'm not angry about hearing Sky Commentators and English fans debating about which player is going to come to England next but yeah I think we have a couple wins in us against Test sides,

I think there is a good chance with England but looking at the West Indies as the main chance of a win from a Test side, get rid of Gayle and Bravo early, then I hope we can beat Holland but it won't be easy,

I think South Africa can really hammer us but we do like pace on the ball, if we can knock Amla and AB early then you never know but AB is the main Wicket, AB is one of the best players in Cricket right now, so if we get those two out and expose their middle order which isn't really top quality, they are very strong in the top 4/5 and then it slows down I think,

and then there is India, Sehwag will take us lightly and I hope that will make him get out early but they bat so far down it will be hard but their bowlers went for runs against Bangladesh so we have hope :),

if someone said I could have two wins, they would be England and India :)...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if Ireland was a Test playing Nation come tomorrow Morgan would be back, I know someone who knows him and the guy that knows Morgan said this, '' if Morgan could play Test Cricket for Ireland he would have no hesitation in coming back ''

and Joyce will not go back to England even if he is offered Test Cricket,

also could you imagine if Ireland had this team today,

Porterfield,
Stirling,
Joyce,
N'OB,
Morgan,
Hamish Marshall,
Cusack,
K'OB,
Botha/Mooney/Johnston,
Dockrell,
Rankin,

wish Morgan would come back :dry: :laugh:...
I think Morgan will have to wait a couple of years or something if he wants to make the switch back.. not sure about the rules but it was being discussed here recently.

I think your batsmen will struggle against India's spinners and part-timers like Yuvraj, Yusuf etc in these conditions.. I don't think that matchup suits Ireland at all. I'd love it if you beat England/SA though. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Anyone else a bit surprised that Tamim got Man of the Match ahead of Shafiul? He probably got it due to his English being a lot better and easier to understand than Shafiul's, quite disappointing if this were to be true.
I started watching after Tamim got out, but it's a bit of a joke that he got MoTM ahead of Shafiul unless he got bonus points taken that good catch to dismiss N'OB.

I was a bit annoyed the other day seeing Umar Akmal's 71 from 52 trumping Afridi's 5/16 from 8 overs and Shane Watson's 79 from 92 and 3overs 0/7 beating Johnson's 4/19 from 9.2.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

The best comment I read was on a Bangla cricket forums. "Man one day we can be the best team in the world and the next day struggle to beat Ireland why are we so unpredictable"
They were a part of Pakistan. Or called Eastern Pakistan.:ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
NUFAN;2486806 I was a bit annoyed the other day seeing Umar Akmal's 71 from 52 trumping Afridi's 5/16 from 8 overs and Shane Watson's 79 from 92 and 3overs 0/7 beating Johnson's 4/19 from 9.2.[/QUOTE said:
true. I felt annoyed too. If anything these bowling efforts are harder to come by on such batting paradises

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
I think Morgan will have to wait a couple of years or something if he wants to make the switch back.. not sure about the rules but it was being discussed here recently.

I think your batsmen will struggle against India's spinners and part-timers like Yuvraj, Yusuf etc in these conditions.. I don't think that matchup suits Ireland at all. I'd love it if you beat England/SA though. :)
To be fair if we can give them a good game I'll be happy, and if we can get our bowling and batting working together we can be a very competitive side,

yeah Morgan would need to wait four years, it's seem a joke to me that he has to wait so long but if he came back for 2015 and then England called him up again he could switch straight back, well he can as far as I know btw what do people think of Hamish Marshall?, is he any good?, Ireland's new batsman :D...