• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Australia v New Zealand
Fri Feb 25

Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local | 15:00 EST | 14:30 CST | 12:00 WST

Australia Squad

Ricky Ponting (captain), Michael Clarke, Doug Bollinger, Callum Ferguson, Brad Haddin (wicketkeeper), John Hastings, David Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Krejza, Brett Lee, Tim Paine (wicketkeeper), Steven Smith, Shaun Tait, Shane Watson, Cameron White

New Zealand Squad

Daniel Vettori (captain), Hamish Bennett, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum (wicketkeeper), Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock

slugger

State Vice-Captain
australia's winning streak will end tomorrow...

some of the kiwi players have friends and family living christchurch, its going to be a big motivator.

Mike5181

International Captain
The team will be pretty fired up you would expect. Particularly the Christchurch players like Hamish Bennett. Should be an interesting match if both teams fire.

Flem274*

123/5
Tipping Bennett to bowl the fastest and most aggressive spell of his career to date, but I also tip it will not be an economical one.

You heard it here first etc etc

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
There's always a question mark for me as to whether tragedies like the quake serve to motivate or distract sporting teams. My guess is that it will be a bit of both in this case, so I'm tipping us to win pretty comfortably.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be a good game. Would normally back us but NZ beat the crap out of Kenya (admittedly not a hard task), we looked sorta scratchy against Zimbabwe and the Christchurch earthquake will probably motivate them.

Still back us, but without a hell lotta confidence.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
NZ are without their physio and trainer. Both of them have apparently rushed back home ,as their families have been affected in Christchurch LINK

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Gonna be an awesome game, so glad I'm not working tomorrow night!

No doubt NZ will be motivated to win following the Christchuch earthquake and even as a devoted supporter of Aus it would be nice to see them win and lift the nation's spirits somewhat.

But, I feel Australia are going to win, and probably pretty easily too.

smash84

The Tiger King
NZ are without their physio and trainer. Both of them have apparently rushed back home ,as their families have been affected in Christchurch LINK
poor trainer and physio. I hope their families are alright......not that their presence would have made much difference to the NZ squad in any case :)......Aus to win easily