• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
ND 2nd XI could bat better than this.
Most of the wickets were off gun barrell straight deliveries. These same batsman used to be good. I don't know what has come over them. I don't want to catostrophize the situation but this is a poor showing.

I missed a wicket somewhere - McCullum is in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have yet to make a prediction for that game in my pool. Give me a good shout.
What sort of prediction do you want?

Stiriling to hit 20 (15) and then throw his wicket away.
Johnston is bowl a stupidly tight spell up front and then get hammered at the death.
Razzaq to get two blokes out lbw.
Bangladesh to win.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
What sort of prediction do you want?

Stiriling to hit 20 (15) and then throw his wicket away.
Johnston is bowl a stupidly tight spell up front and then get hammered at the death.
Razzaq to get two blokes out lbw.
Bangladesh to win.
Well Bangladesh to win, I'm sure of that. But I just need to predict by how many wickets or runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well Bangladesh to win, I'm sure of that. But I just need to predict by how many wickets or runs.
Should probably be reasonably comfortable. If it was anywhere other than the subcontinent I'd back a close game (might even back Ireland to win), but 5 wickets/40 runs or so IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anything 200+ and they have a sniff I reckon.

Thats not to say Aust won't be favourites though.
They've scored at a decent rate too; all they need to do is a build a partnership or two and try to bat out the 50. Easier said than done but 200 definitely isn't out of reach. Really think Vettori should've come in ahead of McCullum in this situation though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've scored at a decent rate too; all they need to do is a build a partnership or two and try to bat out the 50. Easier said than done but 200 definitely isn't out of reach. Really think Vettori should've come in ahead of McCullum in this situation though.
Agreed.