• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 6 - Kenya v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Definitely would've picked Wahab ahead of Rehman. As Uppercut said in another thread, having genuine pace makes your bowling lineup associate-proof; they just have such little experience against it. This theory works double for Kenya.

Oh what basis is Rehman actually ahead of Ajmal anyway? Rehman's a decent bowler and I like him but Ajmal's world class in ODIs and I say that despite really not liking him much at all.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Definitely would've picked Wahab ahead of Rehman. As Uppercut said in another thread, having genuine pace makes your bowling lineup associate-proof; they just have such little experience against it. This theory works double for Kenya.

Oh what basis is Rehman actually ahead of Ajmal anyway? Rehman's a decent bowler and I like him but Ajmal's world class in ODIs and I say that despite really not liking him much at all.
Rehman adds more with the bat and in the field though with 8 batsman I doubt you need someone @ 9 for the batting prowess.

salman85

International Debutant

I'd have Ajmal over him too,but Rehman did really well in New Zealand.Plus he can bat too.I' m guessing that's the reasoning behind him getting the nod.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Is Ongondo injured or has he just declined to such a point where he doesn't make this team?
He's not injured. Was only out of the team cos Baptiste wanted him to work on his fitness. He did that and got back in the squad, but doesn't look like he's part of the playing xi plans by the looks of it. A mistake if you ask me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's not injured. Was only out of the team cos Baptiste wanted him to work on his fitness. He did that and got back in the squad, but doesn't look like he's part of the playing xi plans by the looks of it. A mistake if you ask me.
Yeah, I agree. Hard to tell without seeing what he's actually sending down at the moment I guess but he's too good a bowler for Kenya to leave out if he's near his best IMO.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Yeah, I agree. Hard to tell without seeing what he's actually sending down at the moment I guess but he's too good a bowler for Kenya to leave out if he's near his best IMO.
Just his experience alone would be an asset. Bringing Tanmay Mishra in was a good move today. He has played his last 3 years of cricket in India so is used to the conditions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just his experience alone would be an asset. Bringing Tanmay Mishra in was a good move today. He has played his last 3 years of cricket in India so is used to the conditions.
Dropping Obanda seems pretty harsh to me though. Looked more technically competent than most of the batsmen; odd scapegoat.