• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 6 - Kenya v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pup11

International Coach
It wasn't Bennett's pace it was just his incoming delivery that the Kenyans had no clue about and frankly speaking I can see a bloke like Gul doing that all over again to em.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I would rest Akhtar and go with the following playing XI

Hafeez
Kakmal
Shehzad
Younis
Umar
Misbah
Afridi
Razzaq
Riaz
Gul
Ajmal/Junaid

I hope the professor, Kakmal bros and Razzaq find some form in this match, because we'll need them if we are to win the cup.

smash84

The Tiger King
I would rest Akhtar and go with the following playing XI

Hafeez
Kakmal
Shehzad
Younis
Umar
Misbah
Afridi
Razzaq
Riaz
Gul
Ajmal/Junaid

I hope the professor, Kakmal bros and Razzaq find some form in this match, because we'll need them if we are to win the cup.
ditto

salman85

International Debutant
If reports are to believed, Shoaib could start against Kenya.

Good thing if that happens IMO. Despite what people might say,he still has it.The pace is there,he's become smarter as a bowler,and he does bring a experience.Kenya would be the perfect team to let him go and have a run in so he can get back into some form.Better to give him the chance to rediscover form against Kenya than Srilanka or Australia.

Plus also,since he's of our best known players,it's important that he gets a fair amount of playing time in the tournament since we'll need him for all the media coverage when we win the World Cup on 2nd April 2011.Also,putting in a man of the match performance against Kenya would give him some interview practice before being named Man Of Match in the Semi Final and Final.

Now you wouldn't want Saeed Ajmal in front of the media,would you:ph34r:

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If reports are to believed, Shoaib could start against Kenya.

Good thing if that happens IMO. Despite what people might say,he still has it.The pace is there,he's become smarter as a bowler,and he does bring a experience.Kenya would be the perfect team to let him go and have a run in so he can get back into some form.Better to give him the chance to rediscover form against Kenya than Srilanka or Australia.

Plus also,since he's of our best known players,it's important that he gets a fair amount of playing time in the tournament since we'll need him for all the media coverage when we win the World Cup on 2nd April 2011.Also,putting in a man of the match performance against Kenya would give him some interview practice before being named Man Of Match in the Semi Final and Final.

Now you wouldn't want Saeed Ajmal in front of the media,would you:ph34r:
:laugh:

He might still have the pace and has become more intelligent as a bowler :-O, but the problem is control. Shoaib doesn't have the same control that he used to, so he could be a liability; good batsmen will use his pace and lack of control against him.

tooextracool

International Coach
What are the odds of Wahab Riaz playing tomorrow? Would like to see him bowl, seems like one of the better Pakistani bowlers in the squad.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saeed Ajmal gives awesome interviews, wouldn't mind it at all if he was to face the media.

Himannv

International Coach
Considering how this pitch played out last time, I think the slower and medium fast bowlers are likely to be harder to score off as the ball doesn't really come on here. Also there's a bit in it for the spinners. Shoaib might not be the best idea with that in mind. Having said that I hope he plays and does well since he's in my draft team.

salman85

International Debutant
This not being the Shoaib Akhtar of 2003 does not make him any less dangerous.The guy is still up there with the fastest in the world,and that alone can undo a team like Kenya.

smash84

The Tiger King
This not being the Shoaib Akhtar of 2003 does not make him any less dangerous.The guy is still up there with the fastest in the world,and that alone can undo a team like Kenya.
dude there is something called playing conditions??????????

salman85

International Debutant
dude there is something called playing conditions??????????
Sure there is.

But there is also something called pace and experience.And plus more importantly,there is also something called having-a-weak-batting-lineup-and-not-having-a-lot-of-experience-at-the-top-level.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
There is only one Kenyan batsmen used to facing 140kph + speeds and thats Seren Waters. If Pakistan are accurate this could be bad.

Xuhaib

International Coach
reckon Aamer would have picked up a 7fer or an 8fer vs one of the minnows usually minnows have no idea about a left armer who can get the inswinger going.