Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

10 71.43%
  • Netherlands

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 5 - England v Netherlands

Just seems like more than in years gone by to me. Might be my imagination tho.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Quote Originally Posted by Kweek View Post
    haha those were lucky flukes Marc!

read an interesting article on cricinfo - Kervezee says his goal is to play for England and that this is the first part of his ''mission'' to get himself seen by the selectors.
    He qualifies in November of this year - will be interesting to see what happens
    Be good to see how he goes in this World Cup, had an excellent season with Worcester last season and no doubt made an impression on the England selectors. Looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow. The key for Holland is RTD though, his bowling may be useful on the sub-continent, and his batting can be explosive. Bring on tomorrow!
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

The batting of the Netherlands interests me most. As I said, I think RTD is probably their key man, with Kervezee hoping to continue his form from the previous English County season. Tom Cooper is a player I have seen very little of, and presumably is no mug being a state player in Australia.

Along with the experience of Zuiderent, they're going to need these guys to rise to the occasion if they are going to push England close tomorrow. Fwiw, I do think they'll have their moments tomorrow where they will find themselves in the ascendancy, but I expect England to get over the line, but not by the size of margins we've seen so far by the more dominant sides.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    If he's selected for (say) a Loins tour, would he still be eligible for the Netherlands until he's called up into our full side?

Anyway, when did the Dutch turn into SA 3rds? Half the side is yarp-born now.
    Their coach said they are following the England blueprint.

Banned
    Will be cheering so hard for the Dutch. May just make the entire WC were they to beat England (not that I'm expecting it, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    Be good to see how he goes in this World Cup, had an excellent season with Worcester last season and no doubt made an impression on the England selectors. Looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow. The key for Holland is RTD though, his bowling may be useful on the sub-continent, and his batting can be explosive. Bring on tomorrow!
    Think RTDs bowling will be exposed in this tournament. Netherlands have got the batting to put 200+ totals down against the big boys but I feel they just haven't got the bowlers, particularly in the spin department to cause an upset. Seelaar their likely first choice spinner has never taken a ODI wicket against a non-associate and against the best associate side, Afghanistan, he averages close to 100 while its even worse for Adeel Raja, who averages close to 150 with the ball against Afghanistan + non-associates.

School Boy/Girl Captain sudhindra9's Avatar
    Looks like quite a lot are betting on Holland. Its gonna be one sided match with England winning easy. We've got KP at the top going all out.
    I would like to watch bowlers dominate batsmen like a dog would a tail-wagging contest against a rabbit. Which means I spend most of my days fuming and cursing the game. The Newlands Test between South Africa and Australia has vindicated my belief that batsmen are a bunch of weak-minded, inept fools only good for waving about sponsor logos.

Why was Nannes left out of the Dutch squad this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Why was Nannes left out of the Dutch squad this time around?
    Ineligible now he's played for Oz.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Ineligible now he's played for Oz.
    Why didn't that rule apply to Morgan after he'd played for Ireland? Has it been introduced recently? Can think of quite a few cricketers who've represented more than one country, Kepler Wessels etc.

You can go from associate to full member straight away. To do the reverse (or full member to full member) means a four year wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Why didn't that rule apply to Morgan after he'd played for Ireland? Has it been introduced recently? Can think of quite a few cricketers who've represented more than one country, Kepler Wessels etc.
    Morgan is ineligible for Ireland now. You can go from Associate to full nation without waiting four (I think it is) years, but not the other way.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    You can go from associate to full member straight away. To do the reverse (or full member to full member) means a four year wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Morgan is ineligible for Ireland now. You can go from Associate to full nation without waiting four (I think it is) years, but not the other way.
    OK, thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    And Joyce has gone back to Ireland after a 4 yr wait the other way though i think he did something like 3 yrs 8 months and got special dispensation from ICC. For once making a correct decision.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    It does make sense there should be a wait - otherwise Nannes could effectively play ODIs for the Netherlands and T20 for Australia. But moving immediately from Associates to full members does make it seem as though they treat it as a "promotion".
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information