• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 5 - England v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!brb making many lulzworthy gifs of this 'fielding effort'

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't care any more. I want them to get ****ing hammered. All out for 150 chasing.
Yup. If I was feeling generous, I'd describe it as a ****ing shambles. If I was being more honest, I'd describe it as indicative of a ****e attitude: a combination of complacency, apathy, and and self-pity that the poor dears have to play a punishing schedule. It'll take quite something to outdo everthing we've seen from England in WC's since the mid1990s, but this lot seem bang on track.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was waiting for the first post to bring up the Ashes.

You know you're in the ****ter when you have to refer to the Ashes in a match against Holland.
Hey i knew we wouldn't win the World Cup before today, after today i doubt we will reach the knockout stages as usual so i got to cling to something and beating convicts is something worth repeating over and over.

flibbertyjibber

England :eek:

I am struggling to think of a worse comedy of errors in the field ever.
Tufnell, Malcolm and co in Australia in the early 90's.

None of that was a as funny as Booboo Alleyne crawling after the ball on the following tour though.:laugh:

Blaze 18

Banned
I think England will chase this down without breaking sweat, but it was a brilliant batting performance from Netherlands. After watching the likes of Bangladesh, Kenya and Canada fold meekly, it was refreshing to see a weak side battle it out against a quality side.

It is a pity Netherlands chose this match to come good, though. I was expecting a Kenya-against-New Zealand-like performance from them and packed my fantasy team with England's bowlers. :dry:

Woodster

International Captain
Ha ha, lot of judgements being made on England's overall ODI capabilities, Strauss' overall captaincy, the teams fielding, etc.

I'm not trying to escape from the fact that was pretty shambolic, in all facets of the performance in that first innings. We are a very good fielding side, but that first half we just didn't turn up, fielders completely switching off, slow in the outfield not reacting the shots that have been played and cutting off the two's.

The bowling lacked consistency and a general inability in bowling to the field that is set. Are the bowlers and the skipper on the same wavelength ? It didn't look so for parts of that innings.

It is a flat deck and with some of the batsmen Holland have, a decent score was never out of the question, but the way we didn't look at all switched on is a worry for this particular game. I still think we'll knock this off, but we really are going to have to forget about that first half for now and pick our game right up with the bat, a chance for Strauss and KP to really set the tone.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think England will chase this down without breaking sweat, but it was a brilliant batting performance from Netherlands. After watching the likes of Bangladesh, Kenya and Canada fold meekly, it was refreshing to see a weak side battle it out against a quality side.

It is a pity Netherlands chose this match to come good, though. I was expecting a Kenya-against-New Zealand-like performance from them and packed my fantasy team with England's bowlers. :dry:
I think we'll chase it down, but we don't do things easily in these types of matches. We'll win by a wicket with two balls to go, IMO.

flibbertyjibber

I think we will win still as well but the way the fielding fell apart is a concern. I always thought Netherlands had a decent batting line up but think they will struggle with the ball.

Delighted we actually have a game on for a change even if my lot are on the receiving end, been really boring so far. Lets hope this is the first of many exciting days ahead or it will become a long boring competition like the last one.