• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually as nervous as **** about this game. If Zimbabwe have any strengths it's their spinners and Australia fails hard against them.

masterblaster

International Captain
Can't see Zimbabwe beating any top side in a 50 over game let alon Australia. They have a fair shot in the Twenty20 version but this should be an easy Australian win.

pup11

International Coach
Actually as nervous as **** about this game. If Zimbabwe have any strengths it's their spinners and Australia fails hard against them.
Haha... mate if we can't even play the Zimbabwean spinners properly than we might just as well pack our bags and leave.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha... mate if we can't even play the Zimbabwean spinners properly than we might just as well pack our bags and leave.
Lolzers all players from Zimbabwe must be bad.

Price and Utseya are quality, and if Australia go into the game with your mentality, we'll be in trouble.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Expecting Australia to win this with ease, but it still presents a dangerous game to have first game in the World Cup.

Zimbabwe are probably at the strongest they have been since 2003, and they have a gameplan that will result in upsets from time to time. Ray Price would easily be Australia's first choice spinner in ODI's if he was Australian, and Utseya and Cremer would be in the mix too.

pup11

International Coach
Lolzers all players from Zimbabwe must be bad.

Price and Utseya are quality, and if Australia go into the game with your mentality, we'll be in trouble.
Yeah mate... Utseya and Price are quality but what are we then bottom scrappers..!? Last time I checked Australia had a great record in India as far as ODI's are concerned and if we were so clueless against spin then that certainly won't have been the case. We had a tough time against spin in the practice games but in the actual games I can't see the pitches in India taking much turn nor do I expect the Aus middle order to bat like absolute dorks.

Chubb

International Regular
I expect Zimbabwe to cause an upset in the tournament, but it won't be this game. Especially if they bat first. Of course, if they prove me wrong I will be ecstatic.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah mate... Utseya and Price are quality but what are we then bottom scrappers..!? Last time I checked Australia had a great record in India as far as ODI's are concerned and if we were so clueless against spin then that certainly won't have been the case. We had a tough time against spin in the practice games but in the actual games I can't see the pitches in India taking much turn nor do I expect the Aus middle order to bat like absolute dorks.
I don't understand your first sentence.

You're relying on history way too much. We're nowhere near the same outfit as previous occasions. And our middle order will almost definitely bat like dorks, like they did the whole summer.

Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
"Hussey, 35, was due to meet chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch this week to discuss his future following fellow selector Greg Chappell's recent advice to him to retire rather than attempt to regain his Australian place after 59 Tests and 151 one-dayers"

-chappell the old ***** fart

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
I don't understand your first sentence.

You're relying on history way too much. We're nowhere near the same outfit as previous occasions. And our middle order will almost definitely bat like dorks, like they did the whole summer.

Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

following a solid opening combination, ponting clarke and d hussey i think will do fine.
It's white, and whoever they select after him that will be the issue.

Really does highlight the utter unfathomable stupidity of the selectors in not picking M Hussey. Are they trying to usher him into retirement or something?
Him at 6 would be perfect.
This could be Hildich's greatest stuff up of the last 6 months. ****** ******

Blaze 18

Banned
The idea of Zimbabwe beating Australia is, well, laughable. They haven't lost a World Cup game for almost twelve years. TWELVE YEARS! Sure, it isn't the same side, but Australia is Australia. They are a different beast when it comes to World Cups. Someone always puts up their hand up and delivers; I wouldn't be surprised to see Steven Smith score a match-winning hundred in the final, or someone like Jason Krejza pick up a match-winning fiver.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
The idea of Zimbabwe beating Australia is, well, laughable. They haven't lost a World Cup game for almost twelve years. TWELVE YEARS! Sure, it isn't the same side, but Australia is Australia. They are a different beast when it comes to World Cups. Someone always puts up their hand up and delivers; I wouldn't be surprised to see Steven Smith score a match-winning hundred in the final, or someone like Jason Krejza pick up a match-winning fiver.
no they're not.

Those who put their hands up in the last 3 world cups:
1999:steve waugh, shane warne, adam gilchrist
2003: ponting, syonds, mcgrath, lee
2007: hayden, mcgrath tait, gilchrist (Final)

different beast now- ponting wont have the same fireworks, and i doubt tait wll be as effective.
Won't lose to zims, no chance. But they have some poor aspects in their team, and not the same fight.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
I don't disagree they are a weaker side than they were. My point is, someone always seems to put up their hand and deliver for them (in 2008, they beat a strong Indian side in India 4-2 with a second strong side!). They are incredibly good under pressure, which is why I think the current format would suit them. Anyway, we'll find out just how good or bad they are in a few days.