• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
As long as no-one burnt their toast this time.

Ponting's outbursts are legendary. Can't imagine him without them, would be a bit boring.

pup11

International Coach
That was a pretty immature show of petulance and he deserves to be criticized for it. Can't go about trashing dressing rooms just because you're frustrated. Saw some of the facilities these guys use (they were showing the VCA stadium dressing rooms from Nagpur before the match) and they are pretty amazing. Needless to say, there's no comparison of this incident with spot-fixing/corruption/drug scandals or anything of the sort.
News flash!!!

This is not the first time nor the last time someone has vented their anger in the dressing room over an on-field dismissal and these are just human emotions that boil over at times and it should only be taken in that spirit.

CA is willing to pay for any damages and the matter should have ended there, but calls being made that Ponting should be banned or fined are atrocious and silly and I can bet if anyone other than Ponting was involved in this incident then this won't have been an issue at all.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It should end with a fine. But yeah, people will always lay into him if he gives them an opportunity. Calls for a ban are pretty ridiculous.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
never shy away from giving a negative angle to anything he says or does.
Would be impressed if the media could spin a positive angle into him breaking a tv or whatever tbh.
I can bet if anyone other than Ponting was involved in this incident then this won't have been an issue at all.
I doubt that. We won't know anyway because it's always Ponting that's doing this **** :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would be impressed if the media could spin a positive angle into him breaking a tv or whatever tbh.

I doubt that. We won't know anyway because it's always Ponting that's doing this **** :ph34r:
Imagine if Tendulkar did it - the GCA would hold a press conference and give a public apology to Tendulkar for having the audacity to show a replay of him getting out in the dressing room at such an inappropriate time. :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach

Keeping the funny business aside lets get one thing straight, there really aren't many saints walking around in international cricket atm but this whole thing of blowing things out of proportion whenever Ponting is involved in anything is just opportunistic journalism at its moronic best.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Keeping the funny business aside lets get one thing straight, there really aren't many saints walking around in international cricket atm but this whole thing of blowing things out of proportion whenever Ponting is involved in anything is just opportunistic journalism at its moronic best.
Oppertunistic journalism? From people paid for filling column inches in order to justify being sent out to India with paid expenses? Fancy that.

We go on about it because it's funny. No more to it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I don't mind Glenn Mitchell at all.

Ponting should chill the **** out though. Isn't his wife a decent looker?