Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

16 72.73%
  • Zimbabwe

6 27.27%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    I don't understand your first sentence.

You're relying on history way too much. We're nowhere near the same outfit as previous occasions. And our middle order will almost definitely bat like dorks, like they did the whole summer.

Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

following a solid opening combination, ponting clarke and d hussey i think will do fine.
    It's white, and whoever they select after him that will be the issue.

Really does highlight the utter unfathomable stupidity of the selectors in not picking M Hussey. Are they trying to usher him into retirement or something?
    Him at 6 would be perfect.
    This could be Hildich's greatest stuff up of the last 6 months. ****** ******

Banned
    The idea of Zimbabwe beating Australia is, well, laughable. They haven't lost a World Cup game for almost twelve years. TWELVE YEARS! Sure, it isn't the same side, but Australia is Australia. They are a different beast when it comes to World Cups. Someone always puts up their hand up and delivers; I wouldn't be surprised to see Steven Smith score a match-winning hundred in the final, or someone like Jason Krejza pick up a match-winning fiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    The idea of Zimbabwe beating Australia is, well, laughable. They haven't lost a World Cup game for almost twelve years. TWELVE YEARS! Sure, it isn't the same side, but Australia is Australia. They are a different beast when it comes to World Cups. Someone always puts up their hand up and delivers; I wouldn't be surprised to see Steven Smith score a match-winning hundred in the final, or someone like Jason Krejza pick up a match-winning fiver.
    no they're not.

Those who put their hands up in the last 3 world cups:
    1999:steve waugh, shane warne, adam gilchrist
    2003: ponting, syonds, mcgrath, lee
    2007: hayden, mcgrath tait, gilchrist (Final)

different beast now- ponting wont have the same fireworks, and i doubt tait wll be as effective.
    Won't lose to zims, no chance. But they have some poor aspects in their team, and not the same fight.
    Last edited by vicleggie; 20-02-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Banned
    I don't disagree they are a weaker side than they were. My point is, someone always seems to put up their hand and deliver for them (in 2008, they beat a strong Indian side in India 4-2 with a second strong side!). They are incredibly good under pressure, which is why I think the current format would suit them. Anyway, we'll find out just how good or bad they are in a few days.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    The whole 'Australianism' thing is dead now though Blaze, surely.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Nah, even with (by popular consensus) the worst test side to pull on the baggy greens for twenty years they still managed to pull an Ashes win at the WACA out from somewhere and, IMHO, Oz are currently a better limited overs outfit, as shown by the 6-1 win in the ODI series that followed. The short form bowling attack definitely looks more dynamic than the test version with Lee and Tait in it.

Still the team to beat for my quid.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Banned
    Nah, I don't think so. Michael Hussey showed us that in the T20 semi-final against Pakistan.

U19 12th Man
    Nah, I don't think so. Michael Hussey showed us that in the T20 semi-final against Pakistan.
    Half fit Micheal Hussy is better than many of the current Australian Batsmen

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    The way things are going so far in this tournament with the minnows, expect Australia to lose by 200 odd runs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    Half fit Micheal Hussy is better than many of the current Australian Batsmen
    You may be underrating the Australian batsmen a touch, I feel. Haddin, Watson, Ponting, Clarke and White are all fine ODI batsmen. They've had their issues with quality spin in recent times, but I expect them to come good sooner rather than later.

I think this game could be closer then alot of people think, Zimbabwe won't win but i can see them giving us a scare with their bowling. Don't see them having the batting line up to chase down anything near a decent total though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    The way things are going so far in this tournament with the minnows, expect Australia to lose by 200 odd runs.
    Snrk.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Nah, even with (by popular consensus) the worst test side to pull on the baggy greens for twenty years they still managed to pull an Ashes win at the WACA out from somewhere and, IMHO, Oz are currently a better limited overs outfit, as shown by the 6-1 win in the ODI series that followed. The short form bowling attack definitely looks more dynamic than the test version with Lee and Tait in it.

Still the team to beat for my quid.
    We lost against Sri Lanka at home. And Australianism for mine would be coming back from 2-0 down in the Ashes to win 3-2, instead of winning a solitary Test. (Yes I know the 1st Test was a draw)

Hussey isn't playing in this World Cup. With him went the last bit of A'ism.

Tournament needs Zim to be at least competitive here. Might not get a meaningful game until South Africa take on the West Indies on Thursday. **** scheduling to not have the WC start with any "big" games.

Yeah, indeed. Australia aren't automatically better for being Australia irrespective of the players in the team.

I think this game has upset potential. Obviously Australia are still very likely to win and they may wipe the floor with them, but if Zimbabwe can have a couple of batsmen get in and play well, their never-ending supply of spinners could really trouble Australia and make a game of it if the warmups are anything to go by. It's a shame they buggered up their squad selection and left Masakadza out.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information