• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Up Sets. Who's Next.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Nearly every world cup has invovled an under dog biting back. Is the 2011 version going to have any, can anyone perdict it.

Test Team vs Minow/ Result/Year
England vs Zimbabwe/ Zim by 9 runs /1992
West Indies vs Kenya/ Ken by 73 runs/1996
Pakistan vs Bangladesh/ Ban by 62 runs/1999
Sri Lanka vs Kenya/ Ken 53 runs/2003
India vs Bangladesh/ Ban by 5 wkts/2007
Pakistan vs Ireland/ Ire by 3 wkts/2007
South Africa vs Bangladesh/Ban by 67 runs (S8)/2007

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are Bangers enough of an underdog for them beating a top team at some stage to be surprising? No imo. Especially at home.

Zimbo have some quality spin options so wouldn't be surprised to see them rattle a big team.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
I expect its when the associates win that really rocks the ICC boat, i imagine to some degree they don't mind Bangladesh getting up everynow and then they do have test status. this being their "home turf" they could cause alot of damage.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Irish and Dutch could take down any team on their day IMO. Ireland is better now than in 07.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Zim to beat NZ for mine, but does that really count as an upset? Probably if it wasnt on the sub continent, but I can just see their spinners strangling us to death in the middle :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nearly every world cup has invovled an under dog biting back. Is the 2011 version going to have any, can anyone perdict it.

Test Team vs Minow/ Result/Year
England vs Zimbabwe/ Zim by 9 runs /1992
West Indies vs Kenya/ Ken by 73 runs/1996
Pakistan vs Bangladesh/ Ban by 62 runs/1999
Sri Lanka vs Kenya/ Ken 53 runs/2003
India vs Bangladesh/ Ban by 5 wkts/2007
Pakistan vs Ireland/ Ire by 3 wkts/2007
South Africa vs Bangladesh/Ban by 67 runs (S8)/2007
I think Canada and Ireland have both knocked over the Banglas since they became a test side too, would count as upsets too for my quid.

Oh and Zim beat Oz in (IIRC) 83 as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Upsets happen all the time. It's more when a shocking result happens that is worthy of what this thread is looking for I imagine.

I'd say Ireland beating Bangladesh last year wasn't shocking, just an upset.

Bangladesh beating India was pretty shocking. And Ireland beating Pakistan was even more shocking.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Upsets happen all the time. It's more when a shocking result happens that is worthy of what this thread is looking for I imagine.

I'd say Ireland beating Bangladesh last year wasn't shocking, just an upset.

Bangladesh beating India was pretty shocking. And Ireland beating Pakistan was even more shocking.
Ireland should be test side too blah, blah....gross injustice....sub-continent conspiracy....BCCI....****s....

Hate to be that Anglo-Irishman, but... :ph34r:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big one I can think of is Australia/Zimbabwe. Our middle order is very suspect against spin and if Zimbabwe have any strengths, it's their spinners.