• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 3 - Sri Lanka v Canada

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, very disciplined.

The fielding was sharp at first as well, although in the last few overs I'm seeing some signs that their standards are slipping. SL could really take advantage of that if it continues.
thanks i wish i could find a radio station boardcasting it??? any suggestions..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what is up with the replays for UDRS? they aren't using ultra-motion, snicko, hot-spot. wtf seriously.

Blaze 18

Banned
is this candian bowling hard to put away.. i got no telly to see.
Their bowling's been decent, but they've been helped by a very slow pitch. Expect Canada to get bowled out within twenty overs, if conditions stay the same in the second innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It could yet head south & SL look like they're moving thru the gears now, but it's been a determined effort from yer Canucks so far.

Liking Balaji quite a lot too; when one sees the "LBG" assignation from an associate one fears the worst, but he's landed pretty much everything.

Although a trip to cricinfo shows he's an ex-India U19 player, so obviously has some pedigree.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What a joke. No snicko and hot spot? Not having one, fine, but both?

Makes reviews for edges almost impossible, barring the hugest of shockers.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What a joke. No snicko and hot spot? Not having one, fine, but both?

Makes reviews for edges almost impossible, barring the hugest of shockers.
TBF I don't think snicko is ever used is it? For reasons I don't understand, being a techophobe and that, it takes ages to set up.

Think Mahela was gone with a direct hit there.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Snicko has never been used for the UDRS, partly because it takes an age to set up and partly because it can be fooled by any noise occouring at the wrong time.

This is a pretty severe beating now. Sanga reaping the rewards for cautiousness on a slow pitch.

Edit: Why are the lights on in Hambantota? It's brighter out there then its has been in Leeds for a decade.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Looks like Sri Lanka will be reaping the rewards from winning the toss here.

Bowling first against a minnow is not so great for your NRR.
NRR could be important come quarter final time. The difference between playing WI/ENG or SA/IND.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wasn't Davison principally a bowler for SA? He looks absolutely village here. Reminds me of Richard Dawson.

Not a compliment.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looks like Sri Lanka will be reaping the rewards from winning the toss here.

Bowling first against a minnow is not so great for your NRR.
NRR could be important come quarter final time. The difference between playing WI/ENG or SA/IND.
Nah, bowling first is great for your NRR if you bowl the opposition out. If a team is all out, their NRR is calculated as if they had batted 50 overs for that score. NZ currently have a ridiculous NRR of 7.62.

Stapel

International Regular
God, I hope we can escape such a typical minnow beating on tuesday. This is a bit worrying....

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Okay so I need Sri Lanka to score 48/3 from these final 7 overs. (final score 321/6 I'm aiming for) Love doing the predictions..

Symcox has obviously not watched much IPL, Mahela is a fast scoring batsman these days!

Last edited: