• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 3 - Sri Lanka v Canada

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neither is as disturbing as rocking up to play a game and finding you're playing against the son of someone you played against in your first few years of senior cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Vaguely competitive match, please.
At least the game is going to last at least 60 overs now that Sri Lanka has won the toss.

From a draft perspective I want to see a massive opening partnership from Dilshan and Tharanga!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That Sri Lankan anthem just keeps on going, eh? Ours might be a dirge but at least it doesn't outstay its welcome.

'Mon you Canucks.

Daemon

Malinga isn't playing :( There goes my points for the various fantasy leagues AND the predictions thread :( :(

Burgey

How can there be a massive sightscreen related delay at the start of play?

See this **** happen from time to time all over the place. Can never understand how it can happen before a ****in ball is bowled. Dire.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Malinga isn't playing :( There goes my points for the various fantasy leagues AND the predictions thread :( :(
Yeah had to sub Malinga out of my cricinfo fantasy team last minute. Really want to win that **** this year. It requires basically changing captain and players every match. Surely there aren't many people as sad and nerdy as me to do it to try and win. People will lose patience eventually.

I will win this war of attrition!

Burgey

Finally a start.

Memo to the officials. When it's a one day game and you stand next to the sight screen in a white shirt, play won't start.

FMD.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jeez Dilshan & Tharanga will fancy this fella. Slow medium at best.
He seems a fair bit quicker in his second over than he did in his first, but he's bowling everywhere now. He was apparently genuinely quick in his younger days, playing in Pakistan.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I reckon if this Osinde lad ran through properly he has another yard to gain. I'm treating the speed guns with skepticism, but he's hitting 80mph and looks to be jogging up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon if this Osinde lad ran through properly he has another yard to gain. I'm treating the speed guns with skepticism, but he's hitting 80mph and looks to be jogging up.
He reminds me of a lethargic Daren Powell. Extremely similar action; doesn't get anywhere near the momentum through the crease though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He reminds me of a lethargic Daren Powell. Extremely similar action; doesn't get anywhere near the momentum through the crease though.
Good shout. Definitely has Powell's elbows when he starts the run and the straight-armed gather is similar too.

Even Powell doesn't cramp up after 13 legal deliveries tho. FFS.

EDIT: Seems I was harsh, actually. Hammy gone I think. Apologies to the boy.

Nice ground, this.
It is, yes. Very pretty. V attractive stand and I'm a sucker for grass banks too.

Last edited: