• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 2 - Kenya v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Kenya v New Zealand
Sun Feb 20

MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local
15:00 EST | 14:30 CST | 12:00 WST

Kenya Squad

Jimmy Kamande (captain), Tanmay Mishra, James Ngoche, Shem Ngoche, Alex Obanda, Collins Obuya, David Obuya (wicketkeeper), Nehemiah Odhiambo, Thomas Odoyo, Peter Ongondo, Elijah Otieno, Maurice Ouma (wicketkeeper), Rakep Patel, Steve Tikolo, Seren Waters

New Zealand Squad

Daniel Vettori (captain), Hamish Bennett, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum (wicketkeeper), Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Enzeds busy sleeping so I shall predict the outcome on their behalf.
NZ 324/7 Bazz 84 Taylor 68 Oram 47*
Kenya 182
Enzed win

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes looks like N McCullum will probably miss the game. He'd better not give that fever to any of other our players (though having the NZ team miss games through injury or illness is par for the course in tournaments).

Might prefer Williamson over Woodcock for this game personally.

James

Cricket Web Owner
and there I was thinking for a moment it was Brendon and that we'd have How wicket-keeping. Thank goodness for that!

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Is Vettori fully recovered too? Wouldn't really want Woodcock being our only spinner...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hardly ideal that it looks as though NcCullum's ruled out of the opening match though at least it gives Woodcock another opportunity, and that might not be such a bad thing if we feel the need to play three spinners later in the tournament that they've all appeared in a few proper matches earlier in the tournament.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NcCullum was in such good nick with the bat as well. Hopefully he'll be back for the next game, the loss in bowling isn't that great IMO but his powerplay batting has been immense. Of course against Kenya we shouldn't need our #7-8 scoring many runs anyway hopefully.

Whats our team going to look like?

Baz
Guptill
Ryder
Taylor
Franklin
Styris
-
Vettori
-
Mills
Southee

All have to be locked in the team IMO. Oram? Williamson? Woodcock an outside chance?

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't think we need Williamson tbh..If he plays then he either plays at number 7 or we have to shift the batting order around which isn't ideal for players getting ready for the latter stages of the tournament. You would think it would be out of Oram, Bennett and Woodcock. I think we need to play full fledged bowlers to be honest. We had to much of Styris, Franklin and co in the last game so i would play Oram at seven and Bennett at 11. I picked Bennett because he is a wicket taker even if he goes for 60 odd but picks up two wickets i would settle for that. We have the economical bowlers in Oram, Vettori and N McCullum when he comes back.

**** we have dire reserves. Jamie How, Luke Woodcock and Kane Williamson(talented but inexperienced and not used to ODIs). Surely, there are loads of better players back home.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NcCullum was in such good nick with the bat as well. Hopefully he'll be back for the next game, the loss in bowling isn't that great IMO but his powerplay batting has been immense. Of course against Kenya we shouldn't need our #7-8 scoring many runs anyway hopefully.

Whats our team going to look like?

Baz
Guptill
Ryder
Taylor
Franklin
Styris
-
Vettori
-
Mills
Southee

All have to be locked in the team IMO. Oram? Williamson? Woodcock an outside chance?
It'll be Oram and Bennett IMO.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
NZ should be safe here. Kenya will be relying on Seren Waters, Collins Obuya and Steve Tikolo to make the runs. They also have a few good spinners but completely lack in the pace department.

NZ by 50+ runs.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mcullum and Taylor really the New Zealanders I am worried about from a batting point of view. Also hoping that Kenya finally all show up to the same game.

Blaze 18

Banned
New Zealand should win this quite comfortably. I can see one of Ryder-McCullum getting a really massive score.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kenya have a couple of good spinners but their pace bowling looks very suspect. The Kiwis will have a great chance to get off to a flier as Ryder, Baz and Guptill will attack. From there, they should have the quality to close out the game without problems. It's hard to see where Kenya will have a road in, and I don't think NZ are one of the best teams there.