Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenya

3 20.00%
  • New Zealand

12 80.00%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 2 - Kenya v New Zealand

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Plus, NZ are the ones who are usually the underdog, so I'm rooting for them instead of Kenya.

ICC seems intent on killing associate cricket anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Let's go Waters!
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Cricket Web Staff Member gvenkat's Avatar
    Associates should earn the right and respect. I'm already waiting for the quarter finals.. It's just plain boring that the league is totally rendered out of context. Yes we might see an odd upset, But that does not justify the 42 meaningless games..

Cricket is not soccer.. We cannot watch a one-sided game for long. Atleast in soccer we can watch that for the players skill.. Not here mate..

I'm happy with the 2015 format. Way to go ICC. If any ICC should look at getting these associates to participate in their neigbors domestic leagues.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Ugh, opening the bowling with Nathan McCullum is a bit too much 'we wish it was 1992 again' for me.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    While it's always cool for the underdog to win, I don't think any NZ fans have anything to worry about...even if the "other" McCullum was the one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Plus, NZ are the ones who are usually the underdog, so I'm rooting for them instead of Kenya.

You seem to be taking a lot of interest in an ODI competition.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Ugh, opening the bowling with Nathan McCullum is a bit too much 'we wish it was 1992 again' for me.
    Doing it against Kenya in the first game completely removes any surprise factor it might've had against the Test nations too.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
    Associates should earn the right and respect. I'm already waiting for the quarter finals.. It's just plain boring that the league is totally rendered out of context. Yes we might see an odd upset, But that does not justify the 42 meaningless games..

Cricket is not soccer.. We cannot watch a one-sided game for long. Atleast in soccer we can watch that for the players skill.. Not here mate..

I'm happy with the 2015 format. Way to go ICC. If any ICC should look at getting these associates to participate in their neigbors domestic leagues.
    I believe 12 is the best number of teams for the World Cup - strikes a balance between giving associates something to aspire to and having too many lopsided games.

However the ICC seems far too concerned with politics and fads than genuine associate development. Having many associates (16 teams) at the T20 world cup and saying that's developing the associate countries is being disingenuous. Anyway, this belongs in a separate thread.
    Last edited by straw man; 19-02-2011 at 10:33 PM.

So in other words, the minnows shouldn't be at the World Cup because you like watching soccer more than cricket. Tremendous logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    So in other words, the minnows shouldn't be at the World Cup because you like watching soccer more than cricket. Tremendous logic.
    No. You did not get my point at all did you? ICC is trying to follow the FIFA way of doing things. One sided soccer games atleast get over in an hour and half unlike cricket

This charade goes on for ever. My point is limit the minnows. Ideal format would have been either have 12 teams or just select 3 teams from each group if ur going to have 14.

The league should have context. I see this league does not have a context.

No. You did not get my point at all did you? ICC is trying to follow the FIFA way of doing things. One sided soccer games atleast get over in an hour and half unlike cricket

This charade goes on for ever. My point is limit the minnows. Ideal format would have been either have 12 teams or just select 3 teams from each group if ur going to have 14.

The league should have context. I see this league does not have a context.
    The ideal solution, IMO, would be to simply not have quarter finals - move straight to semi-finals so you have to finish top two in your group. That'd give the group stage plenty of context and importance without removing associate nations from the tournament.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 19-02-2011 at 10:36 PM.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Can we talk about a twitter feed with possible live updates andruid (sportinkenya) on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    The ideal solution, IMO, would be to simply not have quarter finals - move straight to semi-finals so you have to finish top two in your group. That'd give the group stage plenty of context and importance without removing associates nations from the tournament.
    Yep that's a little better, because the teams in the two groups will be fighting tooth and nail to grab the top two spots. This is just the start.. Wait for Canada - SL...

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Excellent. Oram to be retained after getting a 50 against Kenya, then be retained for the remainder of the world cup where he does absolutely nothing.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Sounds like a bit of bad luck for Southee. I'm not able to watch this right now but seems he's getting the ball to nip into the batsman a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Excellent. Oram to be retained after getting a 50 against Kenya, then be retained for the remainder of the world cup where he does absolutely nothing.
    I haven't heard much about Mills not playing, apart from Bahnz's comment before that he had back stiffness. Is this the case? Surely Oram wasn't retained in place of a fit Mills?

Edit: Kenya have spin bowlers so Oram won't score 50 anyway
    Last edited by straw man; 19-02-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information