Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recollections of the 1992 WC by Ramiz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar

Recollections of the 1992 WC by Ramiz

Awesome recollection from Ramiz

'People carried us away on their shoulders into a motorcade' | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio at ESPN Cricinfo

Makes for compelling listening or reading if you like to read the transcript

AR: Pakistan had lost to West Indies and then managed a win against Zimbabwe but then came the shocker - shot out for just 74 by England.

RR: England had a strong team, experienced at playing one-day cricket, and they caught us on an English pitch with English weather, but the difference was that rain came to our rescue. The match was abandoned as a no-result, and our embarrassing 74 all-out got us a point. That would turn out to be the most important point for us in the World Cup. We had an interesting team meeting after the game and our captain somehow saw a positive in the result and said that this one point would enable us to win the World Cup. At the time we took it as a mere tool to lift our spirits, but it turned out to be exactly the saviour for us.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Awesome recollection from Ramiz

'People carried us away on their shoulders into a motorcade' | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio at ESPN Cricinfo

Makes for compelling listening or reading if you like to read the transcript

AR: Pakistan had lost to West Indies and then managed a win against Zimbabwe but then came the shocker - shot out for just 74 by England.

RR: England had a strong team, experienced at playing one-day cricket, and they caught us on an English pitch with English weather, but the difference was that rain came to our rescue. The match was abandoned as a no-result, and our embarrassing 74 all-out got us a point. That would turn out to be the most important point for us in the World Cup. We had an interesting team meeting after the game and our captain somehow saw a positive in the result and said that this one point would enable us to win the World Cup. At the time we took it as a mere tool to lift our spirits, but it turned out to be exactly the saviour for us.

Do you think Ahmed Shahzad will be saying similar lines after 18 years about Shahid Afridi?

Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    Do you think Ahmed Shahzad will be saying similar lines after 18 years about Shahid Afridi?
    ......enough said

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Thought this was interesting, cheers

yeah i found it interesting too..........a trip down the memory lane for me.........the 1992 WC victory caught the whole nation by storm

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    I remember Wasim's recollection from the 1992 World Cup.

He mentioned how the team landed in Lahore a few days after the victory.Wasim expected supporters,a few thousand perhaps,but when the team came out,the whole airport and the roads adjacent to it were swarmed with supporters a figure of around 80,000 was on Mall Road Lahore.Normally,it takes you around 10 minutes to reach Pearl Continental Hotel from the Airport.That day it took the team 8 hours.

80,000 people,between Pearl Continental Hotel and the Airport.
    Mall Road,Lahore.
    Pakistani team on the roof of a bus.

Epic.

What city are you from btw?

The other way around.

From Lahore,working in Karachi.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    The other way around.

From Lahore,working in Karachi.
    lol...........CW is a cool place and really addictive..........you studied in lhr?

Yea.Completed my MBA last year.

You?

Lahore School Of Economics.Are you working in Lahore?

You know what’s great about Visitor Messages? You can have a private conversation there not related to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    You know what’s great about Visitor Messages? You can have a private conversation there not related to the thread.
    lol..........actually I was waiting to see how long it would take a moderator to cut this up :P....it took a long while for you to get here Fusion.....you guys are generally quicker than this ........but yeah i think i will stick to PMs now

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Leg Cutter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    lol..........actually I was waiting to see how long it would take a moderator to cut this up :P....it took a long while for you to get here Fusion.....you guys are generally quicker than this ........but yeah i think i will stick to PMs now
    This podcast makes two friends one from karachi and one from lhr
    Btw i m from khi too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information