Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

15 78.95%
  • Bangladesh

4 21.05%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: *Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I actually reckon they bowled well as well. Which makes Bangladesh' score good IMO. They still scored 233 runs from the non-Sree**** bowlers
    Nah, if it wasn't Bangladesh we'd be saying how they'd swallowed it and never given it a go. But because it's "little" Bangladesh the "pat on the head" mentality prevails.

Losing by 87 when you haven't been bowled out is an arseholing for my quid.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Nah, if it wasn't Bangladesh we'd be saying how they'd swallowed it and never given it a go. But because it's "little" Bangladesh the "pat on the head" mentality prevails.

9 down is as good as all out. What if they went down slogging and were 250 all out? I honestly don't think they would have reached any closer to the target, in fact they probably got to 280+ just because India let them. If they tried to force the issue they'd probably start losing wickets and end up with a poorer NRR in the group.

Also if it was any other team they would have the potential to chase down 370 and we'd be right to complain, Bangladesh simply doesn't have the capacity to chase that.
    Last edited by Daemon; 20-02-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

Brumby, why haven't you acknowledged the importance of net run rate? Honestly, if you were to pick 1 team where net run rate is going to be the most important, it would have to be the 5th ranked team in the group Bangladesh.

I didn't watch the Indian batting innings apart from the first over, but the Bangladesh chase for good and were still in with a shot with 20 overs remaining, although smart money was always on the far superior Indian team.

Bangladesh were simply being smart and strategic. If they had tried to chase, and made a quick 230 all out, ie got off to a more rollicking start, but then got out to bhaji and yuvraj trying to slog, then they would
    a) have a worse net run rate
    b) have lost confidence, knowing that they did a sub par job in both innings.

It's really no shame for a developing team to lose to the indian giants.
    As many have said, this tournament structure allows teams to get themselves together, and build momentum as it progresses.
    They did the right thing IMO. Their batting was impressive and showed they can get good totals. Bowling is a worry tho.

Cricket Spectator
    Not really disappointed with Bangladesh performance. They gave it their best shot. 370 was never going to be easy and probably was next to 'not reachable' for the Bangla Tigers but their fought it out. Loved the way they started. Not happy with Tamim's innings though if it was 'the role' given to him. He is an aggressor and shouldn't curve his game. He can change the state of any game in a short time with the kind of player he is.
    Last edited by User2010; 20-02-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vicleggie View Post
    Bangladesh were simply being smart and strategic. If they had tried to chase, and made a quick 230 all out, ie got off to a more rollicking start, but then got out to bhaji and yuvraj trying to slog, then they would
    a) have a worse net run rate
    b) have lost confidence, knowing that they did a sub par job in both innings.

It's really no shame for a developing team to lose to the indian giants.
    As many have said, this tournament structure allows teams to get themselves together, and build momentum as it progresses.
    They did the right thing IMO. Their batting was impressive and showed they can get good totals. Bowling is a worry tho.
    I agree. They thought long-term regarding the tournament.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread Information