Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

15 78.95%
  • Bangladesh

4 21.05%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    How the hell do organisers schedule India to play Bangladesh in Bangladesh? India are the hosts and they should've scheduled this to be in India. We shouldn't be playing Bangladesh first anyway since they pretty much helped knock us out in 2007. Bad scheduling and if you are the host you shouldn't be having your first game as an away game!
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Kohli will ton up. Yusuf Pathan will go mental in the slog overs. India to post 280-310, Bangladesh to score 270+ and lose with Tamim getting a 100.
    World Cup Predictions League - Cricket Web IMO
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Bangers should try limit the damage and not screw up their net rr imo.
    Last edited by M0rphin3; 17-02-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne [/B]

hmm, could be an interesting contest.
    India are a very talented team, but history suggests that their batsman ALWAYS have a bad game atleast once a series, where they look very poor. That's the chief difference between India and Lanka, and why i'd tip Lanka over them as favourites for this tournament.

I wouldn't rule out a Bangla victory, as indias batsman can have an off day against relentless pressure. If they get their rhythm going in this match tho, it will be hard for bangladesh to win.

I'm tipping india, but would not rule out a close match, or a few scary moments for India.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    How the hell do organisers schedule India to play Bangladesh in Bangladesh? India are the hosts and they should've scheduled this to be in India. We shouldn't be playing Bangladesh first anyway since they pretty much helped knock us out in 2007. Bad scheduling and if you are the host you shouldn't be having your first game as an away game!
    I don't think it's unfair. No team deserves special treatment. If over the course of 6 games india can't make the top 4, they don't deserve to be in the next round.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    It's not about special treatment, it's just strategic. If you are the host and you have the power to schedule games where you want then you shouldn't go ahead and schedule a game in the opposition's teams home ground. I'm not talking fairness or spirit of cricket here, just looking at it from a strategic point of view.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    To be fair though mb, India aren't the sole hosts of the tournament (and already have the home advantage in any knock-out tie against either SL or Bangladesh).

I kind of agree with MB. Not enough to be outraged, but I think an India vs. England match in India should have opened the series (or SL vs. major team in SL). It kind of didn't make much sense to have two different hosts open the tournament.

Don't really care, but just from a "commercial" sense it was a weird decision.

Still ****ting myself for Saturday.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    umm, cause Bangladesh are the hosts as well? If Bangladesh was playing India in India you could have had the exact same rant with just the countries swapped.

India got to host the final, which is a biggie and a huge advantage if they make it that far. Let Bangers have the pleasure of starting off the campaign. Fair is fair.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Can't wait for it. C'mon Deshis.
    Jesus brings life eternal

U19 12th Man
    It's not about special treatment, it's just strategic. If you are the host and you have the power to schedule games where you want then you shouldn't go ahead and schedule a game in the opposition's teams home ground. I'm not talking fairness or spirit of cricket here, just looking at it from a strategic point of view.
    Australia played Newzealand in Newzealand in 1992 World Cup. It was the first game of the Cup i guess.
    Pakistan played India in India in 1996 in quarterfinals.

Now what i think is that If india goes on to play WorldCup final, they will play each & everygame in India except the first one. What else can you ask for? Would you be happy, If India had to play Srilanka in Srilanka in Quarterfinal or in Semi Final?

My understanding is, If india play Srilanka in Quarterfinal, Semi Final or Final, they will play at home.

Banned
    I can't see India losing this. I have a feeling the match is going to be one-sided.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I can't see India losing this. I have a feeling the match is going to be one-sided.
    Same here but then on the same time i think Bangladesh can beat india as well. That is what everone looks for.
    By the way Bangladesh is the only side, whose matches will be watched with interest. Becasue it is the only side which can & can not qualify for the quarterfinals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    Same here but then on the same time i think Bangladesh can beat india as well. That is what everone looks for.
    By the way Bangladesh is the only side, whose matches will be watched with interest. Becasue it is the only side which can & can not qualify for the quarterfinals
    Bangladesh's best bet is to bat first and rack up a massive score. I don't think they stand a chance of winning if India bat first.

I have money on india to win every group game, but I would love to see bangladesh win as the underdogs.

It's win win for me so long as they don't tie

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information