• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cricpk

U19 12th Man
It's not about special treatment, it's just strategic. If you are the host and you have the power to schedule games where you want then you shouldn't go ahead and schedule a game in the opposition's teams home ground. I'm not talking fairness or spirit of cricket here, just looking at it from a strategic point of view.
Australia played Newzealand in Newzealand in 1992 World Cup. It was the first game of the Cup i guess.
Pakistan played India in India in 1996 in quarterfinals.

Now what i think is that If india goes on to play WorldCup final, they will play each & everygame in India except the first one. What else can you ask for? Would you be happy, If India had to play Srilanka in Srilanka in Quarterfinal or in Semi Final?

My understanding is, If india play Srilanka in Quarterfinal, Semi Final or Final, they will play at home.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I can't see India losing this. I have a feeling the match is going to be one-sided.
Same here but then on the same time i think Bangladesh can beat india as well. That is what everone looks for.
By the way Bangladesh is the only side, whose matches will be watched with interest. Becasue it is the only side which can & can not qualify for the quarterfinals:)

Blaze 18

Banned
Same here but then on the same time i think Bangladesh can beat india as well. That is what everone looks for.
By the way Bangladesh is the only side, whose matches will be watched with interest. Becasue it is the only side which can & can not qualify for the quarterfinals:)
Bangladesh's best bet is to bat first and rack up a massive score. I don't think they stand a chance of winning if India bat first.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
I have money on india to win every group game, but I would love to see bangladesh win as the underdogs.

It's win win for me so long as they don't tie

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Very much excited to watch this game, but nervous as hell at the same time.

Will be good, to get this first game over and done with.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India seem to be in really top form, they will go after Bangladesh with everything they've got. Will take a lot from the underdogs not to get thrashed in this one.
They got rolled for 213 the other night against Australia, including nearly 30 wides mate.

They should win this one easily though.

Any reason why the opening ceremoiny was last night but the first game isn't played til Saturday. Seems a shame they couldn't have followed it up straight away.

Angi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My loyalties face a severe test today...being a Bengali from India. :P

But India had better win this. 'Revenge is a dish best served cold.' Zaheer, york Tamim out and remind him he's still a upstart. :P Bhajji, if you bat, clonk Shakib for two consecutive sixes.

The only way the Tigers can win is, if they bat first. Despite their strength in spinning, I doubt they'll produce a spinning track, as it'll just play into Bhajji, Ashwin and Chawla (whoever plays.)

M0rphin3

International Debutant
IMO the best bet for them is to restrict India around 250+ and chase it. Will be hard to bowl with dew on.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Both teams rely so much on their spinners. If the dew really does stop the ball from gripping, the toss will be absolutely crucial. If Bangladesh win, it gives them a real chance, if India win, they should walk it. But I'm sceptical the dew can really do that.

Himannv

International Coach
Backing Bangladesh for this one. Shakib has been in good form so hope he can keep it up and find some support from the other members of the team.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
India should win this. Best chance for Bangladesh would be to bat first post a big total and put India under pressure. If India manages to bat first, can see a 300+ score.

Himannv

International Coach
Article written by a friend of mine. Was a good read and a good laugh:

STUMPED BY THE IMP - IND vs BAN CWC 2011

So the Cricket World Cup 2011 starts in less than 24 hours from now, where Bangladesh takes on the Champions from 1983 and the most favored team this year, India! However if I would take the liberties in looking back at the 2007 CWC even then India were the favorites, until they met Bangladesh that is, and we all know what happened there right? Lil Tamim Iqbal going berserk, while Dravid kept pinching himself to make sure he was not in the middle of a bad dream and Yuvraj Singh actually contemplated playing marbles for a change!!!

So who’s to say that this won’t happen again? Hence the reason for this article just before the 2011 CWC in case some people have too much hope on their team here’s an accurate assessment as to why they can actually throw away the dream before even going to bed J

Team India:

Team India on paper looks solid, they have a good batting lineup and a decent bowling line up, great balance of old and young players etc etc… So what could possibly go wrong right?? Nothing right?? Well think again!

Here is how the whole plan could fall apart! They have too many players with too much of other responsibilities and ties with their sponsors. Dhoni will have to keep using his AIRCEL phone to look for proper tips online, while doing so Yuraj would run to the washroom to style up his hair and drop his TATA FOTON Dongle off his pocket that made him fast on the field, some git would throw water on Sachin and he would melt cuz he would not be carrying his Reynolds pen, and wait??? Gambhir and Sehwag would be too busy goofing around with their mobile phones totally forgetting the practice and match dates!!

So now that we know how this could go wrong for India even if they lose the game we know whom to blame… WE BLAME THE BLOODY PLAYER AGENTS FOR GETTING EM SO MANY ENDORSEMENTS!!!

Team Bangladesh:

Oh yeah! They sure can screw it up too! Just like that, all it will take for them to do so is a beautiful maiden (no not the no run, over) sitting by the fence flaunting herself. The next thing you know all the boys would be looking at her and wondering “ if we win this match she will be impressed and want to marry us, and we can live happily ever after, hmm wait a min we all cant marry her? But why not we are a team? A team does everything together? Then as a team we shall impress her” and once they make that decision team India could well have walked their arses off the ground with a win over the most united team of the 2011 CWC!

Cricket is all about winning and losing so while others would write about why they think certain teams would win I will be enlightening you all as to why they would lose it all just like that! Keep it logged in to “Stumped By the Imp” for more up to date scientific and accurate analysis!!