• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bun

Banned
Good riposte by Ban batsmen after a dire bowling performance. only if Tamim was himself, this could have bene much interesting.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Bangladesh can come out of this with their heads held high. They were blitzed by an outstanding batting lineup, that was bound to happen a couple of times.

They are clearly capable of chasing 300 here. I still expect them to be a handful.
I have watched Bangladesh play quite a bit in the last 18 months and, aside from the emergence of Tamim, literally nothing has changed from before

They have little or no tactical acumen and, more importantly, discipline

Most of their bowlers are barely fc standard and their fielding is largely an embarassment

Literally the only ways they can be a "handful" is if Tamim goes off or the opposition turns up asleep

This game might as well have been a 10 over match because as soon as it became obvious that the "real" India had turned up and Tamim wasnt going to go off, it was over

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have watched Bangladesh play quite a bit in the last 18 months and, aside from the emergence of Tamim, literally nothing has changed from before

Most of their bowlers are barely fc standard and their fielding is largely an embarassment

Literally the only ways they can be a "handful" is if Tamim goes off or the opposition turns up asleep

This game might as well have been a 10 over match because as soon as it became obvious that the "real" India had turned up and Tamim wasnt going to go off, it was over
Disagree. The Bangladeshi fast bowlers are pretty poor, granted, but I think their spin bowling on their own pitches can be decent, and they have as good a middle order as a few of the other Test sides. Their fielding has improved.

Bolded part is the key. If this Indian batting line up clicks, it is unstoppable.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

They just scored 283. I haven't been following them a lot but I guess you can't just expect them to transform in the space of a year and a half.

Bun

Banned
Bangladesh has certainly come a long distance in the last few years. You don't win 4-0 whitewashes against an establisehd ODI team like NZ if you aren't! The team possesses of a potential world class bat in Tamim, and an already world class all rounder in Shakib Al Hasan. Their spinners are still a force to reckon at home. They do suffer from three-four places which are filled by mediocre players, particularly the fast spots and the middle order, but they aren't as dire as made out to be.

Blaze 18

Banned
An eighty-seven run win - not a bad start for India. There is room for improvement for sure, but it was a satisfactory performance. Even the bowling, aside from Sreesanth, was fairly decent, all things considered.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Said that it was a revenge game and Bangladesh were pretty much ****. Not that I agree entirely but just says whats on the minds of a lot of people straight up. SehWAG.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeeyo khiladi wahe wahe, jeeyo khiladi wahe wahe
De ghuma ke, ghuma ke, ghuma ke
De ghuma ke, ghuma ke, ghuma ke

Ok I don't know about you guys, but this song is really starting to catch on for me. As much as I hated it at the start, I've caught myself singing it time and again over the last 2 days. Just listen to it once with this video, there is a certain attraction towards the beat and chorus.

YouTube - De Ghuma Ke Cricket World Cup 2011 Theme Song

Blaze 18

Banned
Munaf Patel's little interview was quite funny as well. When asked by Sanjay Manjrekar as to how he felt with such a huge score to back him up (or something like that), he said "the batsmen did their job, we did ours". :laugh: