• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biased indian

International Coach
just now only noticed V kohli is the second highest ranked batsmen in ICC ODI rankings :-O

and he is not sure to make it to the team....ask me i will play him ahead of raina

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Naturally, every one should cheer for the underdog when their side isn't playing them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, true that. Aways good to start a big tournament with a shock as well, although I suspect you may not agree :p

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
2007 was a mistake

greg`s mistake

this time its altogether different :cool2:

anyways watch out for yourself day after :D

masterblaster

International Captain
How the hell do organisers schedule India to play Bangladesh in Bangladesh? India are the hosts and they should've scheduled this to be in India. We shouldn't be playing Bangladesh first anyway since they pretty much helped knock us out in 2007. Bad scheduling and if you are the host you shouldn't be having your first game as an away game!

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Bangers should try limit the damage and not screw up their net rr imo.

Last edited:

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
hmm, could be an interesting contest.
India are a very talented team, but history suggests that their batsman ALWAYS have a bad game atleast once a series, where they look very poor. That's the chief difference between India and Lanka, and why i'd tip Lanka over them as favourites for this tournament.

I wouldn't rule out a Bangla victory, as indias batsman can have an off day against relentless pressure. If they get their rhythm going in this match tho, it will be hard for bangladesh to win.

I'm tipping india, but would not rule out a close match, or a few scary moments for India.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
How the hell do organisers schedule India to play Bangladesh in Bangladesh? India are the hosts and they should've scheduled this to be in India. We shouldn't be playing Bangladesh first anyway since they pretty much helped knock us out in 2007. Bad scheduling and if you are the host you shouldn't be having your first game as an away game!
I don't think it's unfair. No team deserves special treatment. If over the course of 6 games india can't make the top 4, they don't deserve to be in the next round.

masterblaster

International Captain
It's not about special treatment, it's just strategic. If you are the host and you have the power to schedule games where you want then you shouldn't go ahead and schedule a game in the opposition's teams home ground. I'm not talking fairness or spirit of cricket here, just looking at it from a strategic point of view.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be fair though mb, India aren't the sole hosts of the tournament (and already have the home advantage in any knock-out tie against either SL or Bangladesh).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I kind of agree with MB. Not enough to be outraged, but I think an India vs. England match in India should have opened the series (or SL vs. major team in SL). It kind of didn't make much sense to have two different hosts open the tournament.

Don't really care, but just from a "commercial" sense it was a weird decision.

Still ****ting myself for Saturday.

MyLord

School Boy/Girl Captain
umm, cause Bangladesh are the hosts as well? If Bangladesh was playing India in India you could have had the exact same rant with just the countries swapped.

India got to host the final, which is a biggie and a huge advantage if they make it that far. Let Bangers have the pleasure of starting off the campaign. Fair is fair.