• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I can't think of any other sport where if you're unfit to play, you can keep going while dismissing part of your responsibilities. Needs its own thread, won't continue on here. :)
Yea, I think there's an argument to be made here. OF course, bowlers and fielders would start becoming 'head hunters' so to speak.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's that kind of regimented thinking that makes mediocre captains for my quid. I can't believe this pitch screamed anything other than "bat, doofus!", regardless of past form.

The scary thing is how perfunctory it's looked. India totally untroubled. Kudos to them I suppose, but yah boo sucks to Bangladesh.
Would the possibility of evening dew, combined with Bangladesh fielding 17 spinners possibly play a part in Shakib's decision?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would the possibility of evening dew, combined with Bangladesh fielding 17 spinners possibly play a part in Shakib's decision?
If he's done it out of funk it's even more unforgiveable.

Anyway, credit to Sehwag and Kolhi. The latter has a huge future ahead of him. If he's not a better batsman than Raina I'm a Dutchman.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I'm sure that was a major factor in his decision, but I honestly think they'd have gained a much bigger advantage by batting first and reaching a healthy total, not impossible on this pitch, and try and put some pressure on India. The last you want to do is hand the initiative straight to the opposition and allow them to demonstrate their strength, which is the batting, in comfortable batting conditions. OK it didn't come onto the bat as nice as they'd want, but there is no movement out there at all, a huge total was only what was expected. Poor decision by Shakib for me, easy to say after India have whacked it around for 50 overs, but at the time it didn't seem too sensible.