• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opening ceremony

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sparetastic.

Would rather watch an animated CricketWeb smiley for three hours.

masterblaster

International Captain
The tribute to Sri Lanka starts well. Some colour, some ethnic music rather than lame rapping and a bit of cultural significance. That's more like it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would not have known that was an oyster shell if the commentator hadn't told me.

_Ed_

Graeme Smith wants to get out of there.

Shahid Afridi may have just smelt a fart.

masterblaster

International Captain
As soon as this Bangladeshi singer came out, for some reason I just burst out laughing. After hearing a bit of her song, now I can't stop laughing.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
This lady should've come down from the top hanging by a wire, like Usher. Would've made things more interesting.

masterblaster

International Captain
Who seriously in their right mind thought that this Opening Ceremony lineup would be even remotely entertaining? The poor volunteers and performers are trying their hardest though! I think the speeches completely killed any momentum this Opening Ceremony had.

_Ed_

As soon as this Bangladeshi singer came out, for some reason I just burst out laughing. After hearing a bit of her song, now I can't stop laughing.
Haha. The spectators trying to find some appropriate way to dance is entertaining as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who seriously in their right mind thought that this Opening Ceremony lineup would be even remotely entertaining? The poor volunteers and performers are trying their hardest though! I think the speeches completely killed any momentum this Opening Ceremony had.
Dude, subcontinental politicians passing up a chance for some self-promotion?