• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

minnows united

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
what is the strongest 11 on paper you can make from the minnow squads? (Ireland, canada, netherlands, kenya) Must have at least one player from each side

setting the bar pretty low, based pretty much on recent performance:

Seren Waters (KEN)
Alexei Kervezee (NED)
Collins Obuya (KEN)
Ed Joyce (IRL)
Steve Tikolo (KEN)
Ryan ten Doeschate (NED)*
Andre Botha (IRL)
Kevin O' Brien (IRL)
Niall O' Brien (IRL) †
Rizwan Cheema (CAN)
Khurram Chohan (CAN)

What have I got right? What have I got wrong? What would be a better answer?

Discuss...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You've forgotten a bowling attack, for one.

Boyd Rankin must be involved, and I'd also get Porterfield in for Obuya and shift Kervezee down to 3.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Too many Kenyans and Canadians there. And, yeah, you've forgotten the bowlers. No idea how good Cheema is but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Seren Waters/Tom Cooper
Alex Kervezee
Niall O'Brien
Ed Joyce
Ryan ten Doeschate
Kevin O' Brien
Steve Tikolo
Rizwan Cheema
Trent Johnston
Boyd Rankin
George Dockrell

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
That list looks odd without Afghans, Hamid Hasan, Shenwari and Zardan. Argubly the best bowlers among minnows.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Seren Waters
William Porterfield (c)
Alexei Kervezee
Ed Joyce
Steve Tikolo
Niall O'Brian (+)
Ryan Ten Doeschate
Thomas Odoyo
Trent Johnston
Boyd Rankin
George Dockrell.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Associates XI

Name the players you will have in your Associate XI team from the world cup.

My Associate XI team is

William Porterfield - Ireland
Ed Joyce - Ireland
Collins Obuya - Kenya
Ryan ten Doeschate - Netherlands
Niall O'Brian (wk) - Ireland
Rizwan Cheema - Canada
Peter Borren (c) - Netherlands
Trent Johnston - Ireland
Thomas Odoyo - Kenya
Balaji Rao - Canada
Boyd Rankin - Ireland

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Porterfield
Kerveeze
Cooper
Joyce
ten Doeschate
N O'Brien
K O'Brien
Johnston
Odoyo
Rankin
Dockrell

12th: Davison

I kind of wanted to leave Odoyo out after actually seeing him bowl yesterday for the first time in a couple of years, but even though he bowled about 20 wides he still took 3/40 and I don't think any of the other bowlers around the traps deserve a place over him other than perhaps Davo, who has also declined a bit.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Anderson.

Ok, now we've got the obligatory test playing nation joke out of the way we can all move on.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
Too many Kenyans and Canadians there. And, yeah, you've forgotten the bowlers. No idea how good Cheema is but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Seren Waters/Tom Cooper
Alex Kervezee
Niall O'Brien
Ed Joyce
Ryan ten Doeschate
Kevin O' Brien
Steve Tikolo
Rizwan Cheema
Trent Johnston
Boyd Rankin
George Dockrell
Tom Cooper is better than Waters on any day.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
An Associates Eleven in the World Cup would be a strong team thereby having a chance to win the Cup. YOU NEVER KNOW.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Poterfield (IRE), Waters (KEN), Joyce (IRE), Tikolo (KEN), Doschate (NED), N. O'Brien+ (IRE), Shenwari (AFG), Odoyo (KEN), Hasan (AFG), Osinde (CAN) and Zardan (AFG) would make a competitive test side.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Waters is decent but overrated at this stage. Amazed that in the recent Cricinfo article on Seren it was talking about future England aspirations. The kid isn't even broke into a poor Surrey side yet!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poterfield (IRE), Waters (KEN), Joyce (IRE), Tikolo (KEN), Doschate (NED), N. O'Brien+ (IRE), Shenwari (AFG), Odoyo (KEN), Hasan (AFG), Osinde (CAN) and Zardan (AFG) would make a competitive test side.
Maybe against Bangladesh (or New Zealand). :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Waters is decent but overrated at this stage. Amazed that in the recent Cricinfo article on Seren it was talking about future England aspirations. The kid isn't even broke into a poor Surrey side yet!
Yeah, there's no way he's as good as Tom Cooper at this point, particularly in one day cricket.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From this competition then you would say that RTD, Cooper, Johnson and Dockrell are certainties. Odoyo and Tikolo would have been in previous years but both look past their best though may get in anyway. Would like to wait till more games have been played as someone who hasn't done much so far may show improved form later on and deserve a slot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
From this competition then you would say that RTD, Cooper, Johnson and Dockrell are certainties. Odoyo and Tikolo would have been in previous years but both look past their best though may get in anyway. Would like to wait till more games have been played as someone who hasn't done much so far may show improved form later on and deserve a slot.
I think you could easily add Porterfield and Niall O'Brien to the certainties list. Bagai from Canada is a decent enough cricketer, but NO'B is ahead of him.

I rate Ireland quite high and I think Stirling suits this particular team. Just World Cup minnows..

1 William Porterfield IRE
2 Paul Stirling IRE
3 Tom Cooper NET
4 Ed Joyce IRE
5 Ryan ten Doeschate NET
6 Niall O'Brien IRE
7 Rizwan Cheema CAN
8 Thomas Odoyo KEN
9 Trent Johnston IRE
10 George Dockrell IRE
11 Boyd Rankin IRE

12 Alexei Kervezee NET

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe against Bangladesh (or New Zealand). :ph34r:
Other than against big four or five this team will give a run for their money for any side (that including A sides of big five. I always think that A sides of top nations should be able to give the lower rank test teams a run for their money).