• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who will be the highest runs scorer in this world cup ???

Himannv

International Coach
Depends on how far their team goes, whether players will be rested against minnows etc.
Ditto.

If I have to put money on it I'd probably go for Amla. Now that he's back in form and all I wouldn't really rule Dhoni out either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Twatto has to be the smart pick: opens, form of his life, team likely to be in at the business end of the tournament...

KP the dark horse with his promotion to opening tho.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In some ways the format doesn't actually aid the better sides though as anyone from the best 8 sides should get 7 games out of a maximum of 9.

hatrick

Cricket Spectator
yeah the super six was better than these knock out ruonds..... cuz when it comes to quarter finals and onwards .... on lucky upset and the better team is out of the tournament

Debris

International 12th Man
yeah the super six was better than these knock out ruonds..... cuz when it comes to quarter finals and onwards .... on lucky upset and the better team is out of the tournament
You only have one extra knock-out round, though, compared to previous tournaments. To really follow through on that idea, you should probably get rid of the semi-finals and final as well and just have another round-robin between the 8 teams. Team with most points at the end wins. It would probably be fairer but it makes for bad TV.

The argument for the present format would be that performing under pressure is part of being a good side and that unlucky losses don't happen to good sides. Not sure I completely agree with this view but it does have some validity. And it is how every other world cup is run.