• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is going to be the first team to beat Australia?

Who will be the first team to beat Australia?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The people that picked India and South Africa - you're not in our pool. It says FIRST team to beat Australia, and I'm pretty sure we'll lose at least once in the group stages. Also, I'm pretty confident we can knock out the Saffies in a knockout :p

The people that picked Canada and Zimbabwe - are you trolling, think that it can happen or trying to look like a genius should the impossible happen?
Price and Lamb gonna roll you, fool.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where's the "none of the above" option?

Also love how there's no England. Losing to them is inconceivable :ph34r:
I left out all of the minnows except Canada, who are the joke option.

Seriously though, I totally forgot about England.

smash84

The Tiger King
based on last night's effort against the indian spinners, i think our games against sri lanka and pakistan in sri lanka could be a real acid-test for us. I'm hoping we would raise the bar of our game once the worldcup games start and if we win against pakistan and sri lanka in spin friendly conditions then i think we would prove pretty hard to beat for the rest of the tournament as well.
awta

new zealand are awful on the subcontinent. If australia don't beat the kiwis, they may as well stop trying.

Australia's od form is being very under-rated i feel. We still beat the poms 6-1.
awta

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Price and Lamb gonna roll you, fool.
Unless they play out of their skin, I think we can dodge Zimbabwe's spinners.

I do rate their spinning options, but it has to be a freakish performance to do so. If we lose (bets are off if we rest certain players, ftr) I'll eat my computer.

vcs

Unless they play out of their skin, I think we can dodge Zimbabwe's spinners.

I do rate their spinning options, but it has to be a freakish performance to do so. If we lose (bets are off if we rest certain players, ftr) I'll eat my computer.
Quoted so that you can post videos of said act later.

BeeGee

International Captain
New Zealand are AWFUL on the subcontinent. If Australia don't beat the Kiwis, they may as well stop trying.

Australia's OD form is being very under-rated I feel. We still beat the Poms 6-1.
I agree, NZ are awful on the subcontinent... but so are Australia.

I think the 6-1 defeat of England has OVER-rated Australia's ODI form. Those games were played in Aus conditions, on Aus pitches and England aren't the greatest ODI side around (only 5th in the rankings).

We shall see...

Spark

Global Moderator
I agree, NZ are awful on the subcontinent... but so are Australia.

I think the 6-1 defeat of England has OVER-rated Australia's ODI form. Those games were played in Aus conditions, on Aus pitches and England aren't the greatest ODI side around (only 5th in the rankings).

We shall see...
Huh? We won 4-2 two years ago with almost our A side?

Don't mix up tests and ODIs.

morgieb

Huh? We won 4-2 two years ago with almost our A side?

Don't mix up tests and ODIs.
This. Plus add the Champions Trophy win and we're a good side on the subbie. We should at least make the semis.

In contrast, New Zealand just got whitewashed by Bangladesh and India.