• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm-up Matches Discussion

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the World Cup warm-up matches as listed below.

Sat Feb 12
Kenya v West Indies
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Sat Feb 12
Sri Lanka v Netherlands
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

Sat Feb 12
Bangladesh v Canada
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

Sat Feb 12
Ireland v New Zealand
Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur

Sat Feb 12
South Africa v Zimbabwe
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

Sun Feb 13
India v Australia
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Tue Feb 15
Ireland v Zimbabwe
Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur

Tue Feb 15
Kenya v Netherlands
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

Tue Feb 15
Bangladesh v Pakistan
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Tue Feb 15
Australia v South Africa
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Tue Feb 15
Sri Lanka v West Indies
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Wed Feb 16
Canada v England
Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah

Wed Feb 16
India v New Zealand
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

Fri Feb 18
England v Pakistan
Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I like what Cricinfo has done with the player profiles. It is nice to see a players World Cup statistics without playing with the filter tabs.

Warm-up games have rarely been an indication of how teams are performing. Most teams have only arrived in the SC in the last day or two so will take some time to settle.

The current game between Sri Lanka and Netherlands might be carnage, but judging by the stacked team for Sri Lanka I think they are just looking for time in the middle

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Tharanga 46(52) against NED. Pathtic to say the least. I'd take 35(25) over that.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
RtD is the most expensive Dutch bowler.. isn't he rated quite highly here?

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Pretty good show by the Kenyans, but will be interesting if they can handle the pace of Kemar Roach.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Please Kemar Roach be nice. Decent enough bowling from Kenya. I hope we do not get one of those mass, collective panic attacks lat leave Kenya 0/4 facing the typhoon pace of chris martin

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanag wanting Crapoo badly in the team ahead of Perera. The latter was not batted, but Kulasekara batting ahead of him. It will be a major miracle if SL wins the WC