Thread: No Hot Dog

No Hot Dog

Went to the Chepauk stadium today. No hot dog vendors setting up shop ahead of the WC. Not cool.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    hot dogs? chaat ftw

I wasn't even aware they sold hot dogs in Subcontinental venues tbh. Always assumed the usual samoosa's, chaat, chicken tikka etc were the favorites.

People missing the point IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Haha yeah, AWTCA
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Absolute disgrace by the ICC.

What is the point in having hot dog stands all over the place in England and Australia if there's no worldwide consistency?

I for one am getting tired of having to adjust my personal dining rules depending on which matches I go to, in order to avoid nasty complications. It is a demostratable fact than selling hot dogs outside of grounds is going to result in fewer crappy nights in stemming from a poor catering decision.

I understand that not all hot dogs are satisfactory and there is still room for wrong decision-making, but this in itself is the fault of the consumer, not the hot dogs - based catering system itself.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Hilarious thread imo.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

What is the point in having hot dog stands all over the place in England and Australia if there's no worldwide consistency?

I for one am getting tired of having to adjust my personal dining rules depending on which matches I go to, in order to avoid nasty complications. It is a demostratable fact than selling hot dogs outside of grounds is going to result in fewer crappy nights in stemming from a poor catering decision.

I understand that not all hot dogs are satisfactory and there is still room for wrong decision-making, but this in itself is the fault of the consumer, not the hot dogs - based catering system itself.
    Nicely done.

BCCI doesn't want USFDA. haters can deal.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    BCCI doesn't want USFDA. haters can deal.
    I believe Sachin trusts the Hot Dog.. just not the other stuff that comes with it..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    People missing the point IMO
    Dammit, he gets me every time.

yumadtho, 0RI0N?
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Captain straw man's Avatar

Well said.

It's very disappointing because the International Cuisine Council had a chance to do something really special for the good of the hot-dog-going public, but they're wasting it. Unfortunately they seem to be held in sway by the Breadcrumbs, Carrots and Cardboard Industry lobby group and I'm sorry to say that, with them involved, you'll have no hope of finding anything meaty anywhere near your hot dog.

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    hot dogs? chaat ftw
    completely AWTA

Thread Information