Cricket Player Manager
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: No Hot Dog

  1. #1
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,185

    No Hot Dog

    Went to the Chepauk stadium today. No hot dog vendors setting up shop ahead of the WC. Not cool.

  2. #2
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,111
    hot dogs? chaat ftw

  3. #3
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,602
    I wasn't even aware they sold hot dogs in Subcontinental venues tbh. Always assumed the usual samoosa's, chaat, chicken tikka etc were the favorites.

  4. #4
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    People missing the point IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!


  5. #5
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,441
    Haha yeah, AWTCA
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,787
    Absolute disgrace by the ICC.

    What is the point in having hot dog stands all over the place in England and Australia if there's no worldwide consistency?

    I for one am getting tired of having to adjust my personal dining rules depending on which matches I go to, in order to avoid nasty complications. It is a demostratable fact than selling hot dogs outside of grounds is going to result in fewer crappy nights in stemming from a poor catering decision.

    I understand that not all hot dogs are satisfactory and there is still room for wrong decision-making, but this in itself is the fault of the consumer, not the hot dogs - based catering system itself.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

  7. #7
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    6,605
    Hilarious thread imo.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  8. #8
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    International Coach vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Absolute disgrace by the ICC.

    What is the point in having hot dog stands all over the place in England and Australia if there's no worldwide consistency?

    I for one am getting tired of having to adjust my personal dining rules depending on which matches I go to, in order to avoid nasty complications. It is a demostratable fact than selling hot dogs outside of grounds is going to result in fewer crappy nights in stemming from a poor catering decision.

    I understand that not all hot dogs are satisfactory and there is still room for wrong decision-making, but this in itself is the fault of the consumer, not the hot dogs - based catering system itself.
    Nicely done.

  9. #9
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Absolute disgrace by the ICC.

    What is the point in having hot dog stands all over the place in England and Australia if there's no worldwide consistency?

    I for one am getting tired of having to adjust my personal dining rules depending on which matches I go to, in order to avoid nasty complications. It is a demostratable fact than selling hot dogs outside of grounds is going to result in fewer crappy nights in stemming from a poor catering decision.

    I understand that not all hot dogs are satisfactory and there is still room for wrong decision-making, but this in itself is the fault of the consumer, not the hot dogs - based catering system itself.
    BCCI doesn't want USFDA. haters can deal.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,721
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    BCCI doesn't want USFDA. haters can deal.
    I believe Sachin trusts the Hot Dog.. just not the other stuff that comes with it..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  11. #11
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,602
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    People missing the point IMO
    Dammit, he gets me every time.

  12. #12
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,241
    yumadtho, 0RI0N?
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.


  13. #13
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Absolute disgrace by the ICC.

    What is the point in having hot dog stands all over the place in England and Australia if there's no worldwide consistency?

    I for one am getting tired of having to adjust my personal dining rules depending on which matches I go to, in order to avoid nasty complications. It is a demostratable fact than selling hot dogs outside of grounds is going to result in fewer crappy nights in stemming from a poor catering decision.

    I understand that not all hot dogs are satisfactory and there is still room for wrong decision-making, but this in itself is the fault of the consumer, not the hot dogs - based catering system itself.
    Well said.

    It's very disappointing because the International Cuisine Council had a chance to do something really special for the good of the hot-dog-going public, but they're wasting it. Unfortunately they seem to be held in sway by the Breadcrumbs, Carrots and Cardboard Industry lobby group and I'm sorry to say that, with them involved, you'll have no hope of finding anything meaty anywhere near your hot dog.

  14. #14
    International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    As always, my room
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    hot dogs? chaat ftw
    completely AWTA



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •