• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup betting

BoyBrumby

Englishman
World cup thoughts, odds, steals, etc for anyone of the punting persuasion.

Current odds for winner from oddschecker (best available quoted):

India 13/4
Sri Lanka 5/1
Australia, South Africa 11/2
England 15/2
Pakistan 9/1
New Zealand 21/1
West Indies 22/1
Bangladesh 50/1
Zimbbawe 427/1
Ireland 1000/1
Canada, Netherlands, Kenya 2000/1

If they weren't such dyed-in-the-wool chokers I'd say SA are the value bet there. England insanely underpriced at 15/2 too. Even allowed for the patriotic punter them's stingy odds.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India are twice as favoured to win as anyone else? Can't agree with that.. Pakistan look a pretty decent bet at those odds..

Uppercut

Don't see much value there. Maybe New Zealand with the intention of hedging if they make the final. They're not in Bangladesh's group so the quarters are almost guaranteed, and at that stage they won't be a big underdog against anyone in a one-off match.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
India are twice as favoured to win as anyone else? Can't agree with that.. Pakistan look a pretty decent bet at those odds..
Obviously lots of money has been wagered on them since it is their home world cup which in turn shortens the odds

I made a few bets today just for a few pounds and a bit of fun

SL to win @ 4-1
Sangakkara to be tournament's top batsman @ 14-1
Malinga to be top wicket taker @ 9-1
SL to top group A and India to top group B @ 2-1
India to be runners up @ 7-2
India to play SL in the final @ 9-1
India to win all their group games @ 2-1
SL to win and sangakkara to be top batsman @ 33-1
Aus and SA to be the finalists @ 16-1
Greame Smith to be the top batsman @ 20-1

Challis

U19 12th Man
I've made quite a few bets on the World Cup:-

(odds in Decimals)

$250 @ 1.4 multiple on Ban, WI, SL, NZ and Zim winning their warm up games on the 12th Feb, (yay I won $100 :thumbup:)

Sri Lanka to win $33 @ 7

Bangladesh to win $10 @ 41 (lol, I don't even remember making this)

Brett Lee to be top wicket taker £50 @ 29 ( this was essentially a free bet)

Shakib Al Hasan to be top wicket taker Each Way (has to be in top 4 and the each way bet is 1/4 of the normal odds) £20 @ 67 (odds were originally 101, thats crazy, great value but have now shortened rapidly )

Abdur Razzak to be top wicket taker Each Way (has to be in top 4 and the each way bet is 1/4 of the normal odds) £20 @ 101 (again I feel this is great value and is still available at these odds, definitely worth a punt)

Shaun Tait to be top wicket taker Each Way (has to be in top 4 and the each way bet is 1/4 of the normal odds) £10 @ 34

Challis

U19 12th Man
Also I've just placed £25 @1.5 for Zimbabwe to beat Ireland on William Hill, I've done this to get their promotional offer of a free bet for the same amount, I've found a great bet to place, I just need to wait till the above bet gets settled then I will get my free bet, just hope the odds don't shorten on the bet I want to place.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Guys, there is plenty of value, just in the inverse.

Lay India and Sri Lanka to win the World Cup (i.e.bet them not to win).

Ironically I think one of them will likely win it, but they are too short.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Guys, there is plenty of value, just in the inverse.

Lay India and Sri Lanka to win the World Cup (i.e.bet them not to win).

Ironically I think one of them will likely win it, but they are too short.
Agreed. Bit of a lottery to be honest.

Any of the top 8 sides could easily pull off a sudden death upset. (eg: Chris Gayle has a day out against the SA/Aussie quicks and helps WI to 350)

benchmark00

Few sneaky multis on tonights match:

1. Ponting most runs + Andreas Seppi to beat some **** in the tennis ($6.88)

2. Tie for most sixes + Richard Gasquet to beat some **** in the tennis ($13.50)

3. First Zimbabwe dismissal to be bowled + Andreas Seppi to beat some **** in the tennis ($7.74)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seppi vs. Petschner is okay I guess as its a close shout, but Gasquet will likely lose to Dimitrov, who is an up and coming gun player.

Hopefully they come off for you though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gasquet won the first set. You're back in business.

You just need Taibu to hit some floaters from Krezja that go the distance

benchmark00

With Gasquet doing the business in straight sets, I just need two more sixes from the Zimmers.

Carn ****s!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't have much spare cash at the moment, so my betting has been very quiet this World Cup.

I do have money on Wahab Riaz to be the leading wicket taker though. He was paying $34.