• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup betting

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If WI chase down England's score, Trott will end the tournament as England's highest scorer!

Go Windies!

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL, we have the two top runscorers and are facing elimination. Shows you how **** the rest of our batting has been really. And the bowling, obv.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I had some money on Hansra to be the top scorer for Canada, he only needed to score 13 against Australia after Bagai got out and he holed out on 3. Watch Trott do the same thing in the quarters, Strauss will make like 20 and Trott will get bowled for a duck by Mike Hussey or some ****.

All England had to do was lose and they even managed to **** that up.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
World cup thoughts, odds, steals, etc for anyone of the punting persuasion.

Current odds for winner from oddschecker (best available quoted):

India 13/4
Sri Lanka 5/1
Australia, South Africa 11/2
England 15/2
Pakistan 9/1
New Zealand 21/1
West Indies 22/1
Bangladesh 50/1
Zimbbawe 427/1
Ireland 1000/1
Canada, Netherlands, Kenya 2000/1

If they weren't such dyed-in-the-wool chokers I'd say SA are the value bet there. England insanely underpriced at 15/2 too. Even allowed for the patriotic punter them's stingy odds.
Thought it'd be interesting to check how the odds have changed now we know the semis and who plays whom.

South Africa 88/25
India 19/5
Sri Lanka 11/2
Australia 6/1
Pakistan 6/1
England 11/1
West Indies 22/1
New Zealand 25/1

SA & Pakistan have both shortened, but most of the field has drifted. England especially, now out to 11s after starting the tournament at 15/2.

Don't think we'll win it, but we do look the best value there by far now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
England's odds were ridiculous pre-tournament tbh.

Pakistan and Australia look the best bets there.

NZ is probably alright for what we're paying.

Lostman

State Captain
$50 on NZ @ +240 against SA.
Why change a good thing?

I have been betting against SA in KO games since I started gambling, and it has been a good ride.
(NZ's own KO record is less than stellar but meh)

Lostman

State Captain
$50 on NZ @ +240 against SA.
Why change a good thing?

I have been betting against SA in KO games since I started gambling, and it has been a good ride.
(NZ's own KO record is less than stellar but meh)

SA are $$$$$$$$$$$$$, long may it continue. Nice $120 for the weekend.
Two certs in sports betting, Yankees play in October and SA do what they do.:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only had a small flutter out of principle.

The rule is simple, see SA in knock out match, lay them on Betfair.

That's just the way it is. :laugh:

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Only had a small flutter out of principle.

The rule is simple, see SA in knock out match, lay them on Betfair.

That's just the way it is. :laugh:
I had AB for top batsman and then Du Plessis got him run out, I wasn't too happy so I then put some money on NZ to win :happy:...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I had some money on Hansra to be the top scorer for Canada, he only needed to score 13 against Australia after Bagai got out and he holed out on 3. Watch Trott do the same thing in the quarters, Strauss will make like 20 and Trott will get bowled for a duck by Mike Hussey or some ****.

All England had to do was lose and they even managed to **** that up.
Strauss is out and Trott will be the leading run scorer for England if England lose this match.

Even if they don't he's still in so hopefully he can extend his lead.

GET IN THERE!

Whooooooooooo

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Money in the bank. Unfortunately only put $5 on it but along with getting on England against South Africa at $17 it more than makes up for my various other losses over the course of the tournament.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
I made a few bets today just for a few pounds and a bit of fun

SL to win @ 4-1
Sangakkara to be tournament's top batsman @ 14-1
Malinga to be top wicket taker @ 9-1
SL to top group A and India to top group B @ 2-1
India to be runners up @ 7-2
India to play SL in the final @ 9-1
India to win all their group games @ 2-1
SL to win and sangakkara to be top batsman @ 33-1
Aus and SA to be the finalists @ 16-1