Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: No Hot Spot

  1. #1
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,788

    No Hot Spot

    Don't know if anyone has heard, but there won't be any hotspot, if this news is true then congratulations ICC you have managed to **** up again.

    No Hot Spot for World Cup - CRICKETNDTV.com

  2. #2
    International Coach KiWiNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the kitchen
    Posts
    10,600
    That's bloody ridiculous.

    Same sort of **** as the NZ-PAK series.

  3. #3
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,633
    It's like they want the UDRS to fail.

  4. #4
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,623
    Wtf
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,788
    I think it's because the company which provides hit spot cameras has had enough. They wanted the ICC to use it for all matches, just like the tennis grand slams. Because the ICC has been skirting around the issue and acting like a little girl in order to please the BCCI, the company doesn't want the ICC using it.

  6. #6
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,215
    Just saw this on cricinfo and am very annoyed.

    The article states that 'the company who makes Hot Spot do not wish to supply the technology'. That seems fairly unlikely - what business wouldn't want its product to be used at a World Cup final? More likely the ICC is being difficult with the terms of the arrangement or is refusing to pay for it.

    This continual delaying and dragging of feet when it comes to technology and the UDRS is pathetic, even by the standards of a ****box organisation like the ICC.

  7. #7
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Hot spot is **** anyway. Very flawed piece of technology, unless you want to see if someone has middled a cover drive.

    Spend the money on getting snicko up to speed imo.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,633
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Hot spot is **** anyway. Very flawed piece of technology, unless you want to see if someone has middled a cover drive.

    Spend the money on getting snicko up to speed imo.
    Care to explain?

  9. #9
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Care to explain?
    Explain what?

  10. #10
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,432
    He has a point - if you can see it in Hotspot chances are you'll see it on normal slow-mo replay too. There are a few occasions where Hotspot gives a definite advantage over normal replay though (cf. Hussey's dismissal Day 1 Perth)
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    And there are times where there is a pretty obvious edge, with sound to match, which doesn't show up on hot spot.

  12. #12
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,662
    inside edges are a problem 'cause generally they get blocked out by pads. and if only one camera will be available per ground/match it's not that useful. good for outside edges though.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,551
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    And there are times where there is a pretty obvious edge, with sound to match, which doesn't show up on hot spot.
    But if it's a pretty obvious edge the third umpire can give it out anyway based on other evidence. False negatives aren't a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  14. #14
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    But if it's a pretty obvious edge the third umpire can give it out anyway based on other evidence. False negatives aren't a problem.
    The third umpire will very very rarely overturn a decision based on pure video footage if there is no hot spot to back it up.

    The burden lies on the third umpire to decide whether there is sufficient evidence to overturn the umpire's original decision. Without a hot spot mark and no snicko there is rarely enough evidence. Simply having snicko would create that evidence, they just don't use it though.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It's like they want the UDRS to fail.
    Yeah, wrong decisions will be made and the BCCI's refusal to implement the system will gain momentum.

    IT'S A CONSPIRACY
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ovalgate versus Spot Fixing
    By BoyBrumby in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 22-09-2010, 06:15 AM
  2. Hansiegate versus Spot fixing
    By Langeveldt in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 11:55 PM
  3. If it was Hayden and Langer in such a spot
    By Arjun in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-07-2008, 07:14 AM
  4. Spot on
    By BigGraemeSmith in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 01:57 PM
  5. Aussie Allrounder spot for WC
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 23-11-2002, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •