• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official World cup Poll -- Predict the semi finalist?

Predict the semi finalist

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
Likewise. A few weeks ago, I would've had either England or SA ahead of Pakistan. I know I'm probably being wayyyy over-optimistic, but after the NZ series I'm thinking Pakistan can make it to the Semi's. Watch this come back to haunt me when they crash out in the first round.
The format is such that there is very little chance of Pakistan (or any other test team bar Bangladesh) crashing out in the first round. After that it is anyone's game, really. All things considered, I would back Pakistan over South Africa, England and New Zealand in a knockout game, at this point in time.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh ?!
Think they can cause one or maybe even 2 upset in the group stages at home plus win against Ireland and Netherlands.

Then in the Quarters can easily be drawn against Newzealand and remember they whitewashed them at home recently.

If they could prepare those spinner friendly tough to score tracks at home ,they can be tough to beat at home.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Firstly, as Bangladesh are now ranked 8, I wouldn't call it an upset if they go through, in fact I'd be shocked if they didn't.

However to play NZ they'd likely have to win their group, so I wouldn't say they can easily be drawn against them.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
^ Yup, I am more optimistic about our chances now...if Junaid can get going on raw pace and swing like Amir did....we have a much stronger bowling attack...

For me its...Pak V India 1st Semi. Aus V SL 2nd Semi.....

For Pak V India.....even though India is a much stronger side...i can't predict a winner...but I will tell you its going to be the game of the year.

For Aus V SL. Would say SL will take it.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian doesn't even discuss pakistan in that article
Pakistan are flying under the pundits' radar a bit judging by the commentary in the recent India-Aus match. The commentator really seemed to fancy Sri Lanka and said everybody would now prepare turners against Australia.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan are flying under the pundits' radar a bit judging by the commentary in the recent India-Aus match. The commentator really seemed to fancy Sri Lanka and said everybody would now prepare turners against Australia.
tbf I don't rate Pakistan too much on rank turners either........I think Pakistan has the strongest bowling attack and the bowling will carry it far but the batting is terrible....Misbah and Younis must fire in order for Pakistan to go a long distance.

smash84

The Tiger King
Most of the commentators and experts seem to be massively underrating Pakistan. Big mistake.
yeah man. BTW pardner, as big a pessimist that I usually am I am getting a feeling that the Pak team might just go farther this time than a lot of people expect.

Blaze 18

Banned
yeah man. BTW pardner, as big a pessimist that I usually am I am getting a feeling that the Pak team might just go farther this time than a lot of people expect.
I am fairly confident that they will reach the semi-final stage, and from there it is anyone's game.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sri Lanka vs West Indies
Australia vs England
Pakistan vs South Africa
New Zealand vs India

You read it here first.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia - not losing a WC game since 1999 is a big endorsement
India - home ground advantage, will have to epically choke to flunk it.
South Africa - too strong to ignore, may be knocked out in the quarters though....
Sri Lanka - don't like the batting but at home their bowling will be damn good.

Pakistan could well surprise but they probably won't, England's fairly useless at OD cricket and they just lost their best batsman, West Indies have a decent side but will probably go out in the 1st round, Bangladesh could spring a surprise if they have the HGA in a quarter but if they do make it they'll probably draw a real tough one, and New Zealand just got whitewashed against Bangladesh of all sides. The other sides :laugh: