• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2011 Fantasy Cricket - Ready for your Team!

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Fantasy Cricket competition for World Cup 2011 has been created and is ready for the entry of your team. We bring it to you in association with Aurum Press who are kindly providing some prizes for this competition.

The World Cup starts on 19th February and finishes on 2nd April.

For those of you that are new to the Fantasy Cricket concept, we would suggest you have a read through our Game Guide which explains everything to you. Remember once you create a team, you can even create your own mini competition exclusive to friends and family!

Once you are ready to go, head on in and Register and don't forget it costs you absolutely nothing! If you have registered in the past for Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket or Cricket Web CW Games, you can login to your account through the Fantasy Cricket frontpage.

As we currently have the Australia v England, New Zealand v Pakistan and Sri Lanka v West Indies competitions in progress, the player rankings for these teams will be modified at the conclusion of each series. This will mean you may need to adjust your team accordingly to ensure you stay within budget. This will take place on the 4th and 7th of February.

1st Prize

• A $25 Amazon.com Gift Card
  • The book "Ashes 2010-11: England's Record-Breaking Series Victory".
  • Cricket Legends DVD & Book Set

2nd Prize

• A $20 Amazon.com Gift Card

3rd Prize

• A $15 Amazon.com Gift Card

4th Prize

A choice of one of the following:

5th Prize

A choice of one of the following:

In the event of a tie for any of the above positions, winners will be determined by when their team was created with the person getting their team in first being the winner.

Specific Details about the Competition

* Free no cost modifications until 19th February.

* 200 modifications allowed once the competition starts

* A captaincy change will cost 10 modifications. As explained on the Game Guide page, your captain earns you double points, but you also lose double points.

* Details on how you score points can be found on the Points Summary page.

If you have any questions please feel free to lodge a support ticket.

James

Cricket Web Owner
In. Really enjoyed this during the Ashes. Should be even better here with so many different players available. Some real steals too IMO.
Good to hear :)

Did you miss this from the initial post ;)

As we currently have the Australia v England, New Zealand v Pakistan and Sri Lanka v West Indies competitions in progress, the player rankings for these teams will be modified at the conclusion of each series. This will mean you may need to adjust your team accordingly to ensure you stay within budget. This will take place on the 4th and 7th of February.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've just joined the CW forum Cup, lucky I read your quote in the post above James, because I don't think my original captain Watson will remain as a 9.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Shahid Afridi seems to have turned from a batsman into a bowler... made a right bloody mess of my team.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Shahid Afridi seems to have turned from a batsman into a bowler... made a right bloody mess of my team.
Yeah, sorry about that. Was because of the Pak v NZ competition and World Cup competition being in at the same time.

You should be able to swap the players around.

We felt Afridi is picked more for his bowling these days than his batting.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, sorry about that. Was because of the Pak v NZ competition and World Cup competition being in at the same time.

You should be able to swap the players around.

We felt Afridi is picked more for his bowling these days than his batting.
Oh I agree, he's definitely more a bowler. I just thought it'd be handy to have an extra one! :)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis might be rested for a few group games, think that means plenty of changes for almost every team :laugh: