Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just out of curiosity!

Icon4 Just out of curiosity!

My curiosity made me create this thread but pls I need genuine & serious answers n discussion - Wat IF an associate nation (Ireland/Kenya/Netherlands/Canada) manages to win this World Cup? Before someone starts making fun of this thread - I knw that it is 100% not possible but the term is IF. So pls throw in ur opinions. How do u think it will change the face of Cricket?
    Friends, I've started a group for all the WCL fans on facebook. So, who ever is interested pls join... Search "Non-Test Cricket Playing Nations!" in facebook. Thanks...

Cricket Is The Best Sport On Earth, It Deserves More Respect, More Partispating Nations & More Fans. Lets Do Our Best To Spread The Game, Friends.

<<<<<LAKSH>>>>>

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by laksh_01 View Post
    My curiosity made me create this thread but pls I need genuine & serious answers n discussion - Wat IF an associate nation (Ireland/Kenya/Netherlands/Canada) manages to win this World Cup? Before someone starts making fun of this thread - I knw that it is 100% not possible but the term is IF. So pls throw in ur opinions. How do u think it will change the face of Cricket?
    ICC will ban associates for Next World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    ICC will ban associates for Next World Cup.
    That they have done anyways.

Banned
    The side that wins will be granted test status.

vcs
    Would be great fun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by laksh_01 View Post
    They won't paint the town red for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Would be great fun IMO.
    Yeah, would be brilliant.

Anyone got Mazhar Majeed's number? Let's get on this.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    If it's Ireland or the Netherlands doubtless England will cherry pick the cream of the talent and they'll be back to square one.

It's an infintesimally small chance, but still a chance. Kenya made the semis in 2003 after all.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    If it's Ireland or the Netherlands doubtless England will cherry pick the cream of the talent and they'll be back to square one.

It's an infintesimally small chance, but still a chance. Kenya made the semis in 2003 after all.
    They were quite lucky though, a number of teams forfeited matches against them.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

I don't know if you said this tongue in cheek, but how would England cherry pick Dutch players?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    I don't know if you said this tongue in cheek, but how would England cherry pick Dutch players?
    Give 'em a passport and get 'em onboard. They already play here as non-overseas players (well RtD & Kerveezee (sp?) do) and once they've completed 5 years residence they qualify for a UK passport.

It's already happened with the Danish-born Amjad Khan.

Tongue was firmly in cheek, however.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Well RtD's South African, so surely [insert 'lolz all saffas play 4 england' joke here]

It would be amazing, regardless of what team even becoming runners up would change the landscape of cricket forever.

it could possibly be one of the best things to happen to cricket as a whole.

soccer realised this decades ago, build the game in every nook and cranny and they'll come and come to make a diffence.

-1982 - In the World Cup, newcomers Algeria registered the second victory in the tournament by an African side, when they defeated two-time world champions West Germany 2–1.

- 1990 - In the World Cup, Cameroon defeated the holding champions Argentina in the opening match 1–0, and became the first African team to reach the quarter-finals.

- 2002 - In the World Cup opening match, Senegal defeated defending champions France 1–0. The French subsequently left the competition in the first round, winless and goalless

and of course my favorite little ole NZ is undefeated after the 2010 world cup. in the process drawing 1 - 1 with world champoins Italy

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    And in spite of all that "progress" no African side has even made the semi finals in world cups yet.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Still reckon football is more prone to upsets as well as it is a shorter game (other reasons too but lets not turn it into a cricket vs. football debate) but what is the 'worst' team to ever win the football world cup?
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information