Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just out of curiosity!

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    And in spite of all that "progress" no African side has even made the semi finals in world cups yet.
    Tbf, Ghana almost did had it not been for a missed Penalty plus Suarez playing goalkeeper.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    South Korea making the semis in 2002 was farcical as well. They were the beneficiaries of some of the most obviously biased, and dare-I-say, corrupt officiating I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    Cheapshot at the 2nd most successful football nation in history.No?

Going by all football world cups so far,i'd say that England in 1966 probably had the weakest team to win a world cup,compared to all other winners.And i mean that very respectfully.They've had better teams after that.The fact that they've not achieved anything with those teams is another issue.
    Not at all. The question ask was which was the weakest team, not nation. Italy in 2006 were, by absolute streets, the weakest team to ever win the world cup.

Check out their route to the final. Their only noteworthy result was the semi win over Germany and that was reliant on two goals after 119 minutes of dogturd defensive football.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Would probably agree but let's not rewrite history, that was 119 epic minutes of awesome football.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Not at all. The question ask was which was the weakest team, not nation. Italy in 2006 were, by absolute streets, the weakest team to ever win the world cup.

Check out their route to the final. Their only noteworthy result was the semi win over Germany and that was reliant on two goals after 119 minutes of dogturd defensive football.
    As Uppercut mentioned,that was a fantastic match.The score doesn't do justice to the quality of the match.

They may have been boring to watch,but that Italian team had one of the best defenses in WC history.And i'm not going by stats.I'm going by their quality during those 7 matches,which stats alone do not show.The team definitely wasn't weak.Buffon,Cannavaro at this peak,Del Piero,Totti?Boring maybe,but not weak.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    As Uppercut mentioned,that was a fantastic match.The score doesn't do justice to the quality of the match.

They may have been boring to watch,but that Italian team had one of the best defenses in WC history.And i'm not going by stats.I'm going by their quality during those 7 matches,which stats alone do not show.The team definitely wasn't weak.Buffon,Cannavaro at this peak,Del Piero,Totti?Boring maybe,but not weak.
    Worst team to win a world cup. Doesn't mean they were a bad side (they actually weren't a very good one tho), but they're a long way below any other team to do it.

They got lucky; it happens. The German team who made the final in 2002 was even worse, the only difference being France had obligingly knocked Brazil out in 2006.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Back to cricket, and I think over 50 overs, the scope for an upset is much reduced. I could quite conceivably imagine an Associate winning the 20:20 world cup. However, were they to do so, the impact would be minimal at best. If an Associate one the 50 over world cup, I'd think the impact would be significant.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    To be fair, if England can win the World T20 there's hope for anyone.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    To be fair, if England can win the World T20 there's hope for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Back to cricket, and I think over 50 overs, the scope for an upset is much reduced. I could quite conceivably imagine an Associate winning the 20:20 world cup. However, were they to do so, the impact would be minimal at best. If an Associate one the 50 over world cup, I'd think the impact would be significant.
    Ha, Ireland made it to the second round last time and we couldn't move for people whinging "Oh they've ruined it. How dare they beat other teams? Won't somebody please think of the format?". CW's server would crash if an associate won it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Hopefully we ruin it even harder this time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information