• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Our time will come - Chak De Indiaaaaa

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointment, sheer disappointment.

It was a rainy Friday afternoon in Toronto. March 23, 2007... What started off as a day filled with anxiety and excitement, soon turned into a day of animosity and sorrow. Rrrrrrringggggggggg - rrrringgggggggggggggg, the high-pitched noise of the school bell echoed in my ears akin to the sweet sound of birds chirping on a beautiful Sunday morning. I got up as quick as I could, my heart beating fast. With two periods down, and only lunch and a remaining two periods to go, I refused to have a mixture of Hooke's law, Young's modulus, and the study of resonant frequencies come in the way of me and what arguably was one of the most defining moments in my team's history. But this wasn't just a team to me, this was me. My country, my background, this was a part of me, the one thing that defined me as a person and provided me with an identity. This wasn't just a sport, this was a way of life. A passion that runs through the veins.

As I ran through the halls, making my way across to the doors, I had one and only one vision in mind; the men in blue lifting the coveted trophy to the cheers, dance, and laughter of a billion fans. What felt like an eternity, only happened to be ten minutes as I bolted towards my house. Sweat pouring down my forehead, I made my way across the living room only to be greeted by an eerie silence. There my parents sat, the look on their faces told the entire story. Things were not good, Sri Lanka had posted a total of 254 and India were chasing.

A few hours later...

The eternal optimist, as some call me, remained true to himself and full of hope despite all the signs of an imminent collapse appearing before his eyes. But I knew, as long as Dravid was there, the fire was burning. But then it happened, in the 37th over, the captain had fallen. And with it, did the hopes of a billion people. As India collapsed, so did I, fall to my knees. As the hopes of a billion fell, so did my tears. I could not believe it, I was in utter disbelief. A heart-wrenching match was about to come to a close. I stomped into my room, flopped over onto my bed, and could not rise up. The first, and only time I had ever dropped tears over a cricket match. But it wasn't just a cricket match, it was something more.

But they say that the most fierce tiger is the one that is wounded. And I knew we would rise one day, I had hope. We have come far. And this hope is what has led me to this day. I believe, and I believe our men will lead us to victory, a victory each and every Indian will savour for the years to come. I want each and every Indian fan on this forum to be arm in arm, and believe. We will win this cup, ball by ball, match by match, we will remind the world the night they played the Indians!! I bleed blue, forever will.

If our team is ever in trouble, or we need a miracle to accomplish the impossible, come to this thread. This thread will act as the voice of a billion people, hand in hand, echoing loud and clear in our hearts will be our national anthem. Every prayer and every wish of ours will come true with this thread. Let it be one for good luck, for each time we need it. Because I say to you all, there isn't just 11 people on the pitch winning India the cup, but also the efforts and prayers of each and every fan yelling to the world; CHAKKKK DEEEEEEE INDIAAAAAAAAA. Say it loud, say it clear!!

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Disappointment, sheer disappointment.

It was a rainy Friday afternoon in Toronto. March 23, 2007... What started off as a day filled with anxiety and excitement, soon turned into a day of animosity and sorrow. Rrrrrrringggggggggg - rrrringgggggggggggggg, the high-pitched noise of the school bell echoed in my ears akin to the sweet sound of birds chirping on a beautiful Sunday morning. I got up as quick as I could, my heart beating fast. With two periods down, and only lunch and a remaining two periods to go, I refused to have a mixture of Hooke's law, Young's modulus, and the study of resonant frequencies come in the way of me and what arguably was one of the most defining moments in my team's history. But this wasn't just a team to me, this was me. My country, my background, this was a part of me, the one thing that defined me as a person and provided me with an identity. This wasn't just a sport, this was a way of life. A passion that runs through the veins.

As I ran through the halls, making my way across to the doors, I had one and only one vision in mind; the men in blue lifting the coveted trophy to the cheers, dance, and laughter of a billion fans. What felt like an eternity, only happened to be ten minutes as I bolted towards my house. Sweat pouring down my forehead, I made my way across the living room only to be greeted by an eerie silence. There my parents sat, the look on their faces told the entire story. Things were not good, Sri Lanka had posted a total of 254 and India were chasing.

A few hours later...

The eternal optimist, as some call me, remained true to himself and full of hope despite all the signs of an imminent collapse appearing before his eyes. But I knew, as long as Dravid was there, the fire was burning. But then it happened, in the 37th over, the captain had fallen. And with it, did the hopes of a billion people. As India collapsed, so did I, fall to my knees. As the hopes of a billion fell, so did my tears. I could not believe it, I was in utter disbelief. A heart-wrenching match was about to come to a close. I stomped into my room, flopped over onto my bed, and could not rise up. The first, and only time I had ever dropped tears over a cricket match. But it wasn't just a cricket match, it was something more.

But they say that the most fierce tiger is the one that is wounded. And I knew we would rise one day, I had hope. We have come far. And this hope is what has led me to this day. I believe, and I believe our men will lead us to victory, a victory each and every Indian will savour for the years to come. I want each and every Indian fan on this forum to be arm in arm, and believe. We will win this cup, ball by ball, match by match, we will remind the world the night they played the Indians!! I bleed blue, forever will.

If our team is ever in trouble, or we need a miracle to accomplish the impossible, come to this thread. This thread will act as the voice of a billion people, hand in hand, echoing loud and clear in our hearts will be our national anthem. Every prayer and every wish of ours will come true with this thread. Let it be one for good luck, for each time we need it. Because I say to you all, there isn't just 11 people on the pitch winning India the cup, but also the efforts and prayers of each and every fan yelling to the world; CHAKKKK DEEEEEEE INDIAAAAAAAAA. Say it loud, say it clear!!
Lol what did you do when we won the T20 WC later the same year?:p