Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worst World Cup "on paper"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    but Pakistan, australia, south africa, ZIm, NZ and even SL probably had stronger teams in the last 4 wcs than in this this cup. Only India and England might be the exceptions to this. Take this Pak team and compare it to any Pak team after the 1983 WC and see the difference in strength.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

vcs
    Analysing teams's strengths on paper is a pretty meaningless exercise for an ODI knockout tournament. WC '83 is the biggest example of that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    also Pakistan would have been one of the firm favourites had Butt, Aamir and Asif been in the mix.
    I don't think Pakistan's ODI team has been weakened all that much. Mohammad Asif doesn't usually have a place in Pakistan's first ODI XI, and I would say Mohammad Hafeez is at least comparable to Salman Butt as an ODI batsman; Mohammad Aamer is a big loss though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I don't think Pakistan's ODI team has been weakened all that much. Mohammad Asif doesn't usually have a place in Pakistan's first ODI XI, and I would say Mohammad Hafeez is at least comparable to Salman Butt as an ODI batsman; Mohammad Aamer is a big loss though.
    Nah, Asif, Aamir and Gul would have been the most likely fast bowling combination, as its pretty difficult to imagine Akthar lasting through the tournament.
    Butt too was coming of age as a batsman so their absence has been a big blow, but despite the setbacks Pakistan still seem to be in better shape than what they were in during the last worldcup.

If India doesn't win what happens? Does the whole thing have to played all over again?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah, but we suck hard in typical subcontinental conditions so it'll probably result in ongoing mockery or, if people really want to annoy me, patronising comments about how hard we were trying while losing by 370 runs.

Looking forward to it soo much regardless... so this is what it was like to be an England fan in the build up to every Ashes between '89 and '05.
    Pssht, you think it's bad now. Wait until you get test status and are treated to it week after week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by turnstyle View Post
    If India doesn't win what happens? Does the whole thing have to played all over again?
    I think they have IPL after the world cup?????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information