• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

kingkallis

International Coach
Dear CWers,

All of us are so so eager and excited to see the World Cup. There wont be any serious dominance by the Australians this time and teams like India, England, Australia, South Africa, Pakistan all stands a chance so its going to be fun.

Lets play 'World Cup 2011' Draft.

Rules :

1) - Each participant can have maximum 2 players from each ODI playing nation.

2) - Each team will have to pick their player in 6 hours. There will be NO penalty and you can pick whenever you come online after missing your turn.

3) - There won’t be any penalty for wrong picks either. If someone has selected a 3rd player from the same country or a player who has already been selected then they will still be allowed to name their player immediately.

4) - Performance of the players in the 'World Cup 2011' will decide the winner of this draft game instead of voting.

Points based system would be employed and runs, wickets, catches, run outs, stumping, ERs, SRs will be taken into consideration. Detailed point system will be posted soon.

5) - Participants / teams will have to make sure that your teams has one of the following combination :

5 batsman | 2 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers
4 batsman | 3 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers

6) - If a player gets injured in between then 'his' replacement will automatically become 'your' replacement.

Interested members please post in the thread.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So a bit like a fantasy cricket game only drafted rather than all players being available for all to select?

kingkallis

International Coach
I wanted to keep 6 hours so we could pick the teams ASAP. Almost all the teams for WC 2011 will be finalized within 24 to 48 hours so we can start the game once all squads of WC 2011 are ready.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm in - would suggest the points system used by the CW fantasy cricket is a good idea - would make scoring easier?

Would also suggest we have to have a set team line-up - ie 6 bats, 1 keeper, 4 bowlers?

kingkallis

International Coach
I'm in - would suggest the points system used by the CW fantasy cricket is a good idea - would make scoring easier?

Would also suggest we have to have a set team line-up - ie 6 bats, 1 keeper, 4 bowlers?
This will be tough cause we might not have ENOUGH combinations so I decided to avoid it.

kingkallis

International Coach
1. kingkallis
2. NUFAN
3. M0rphin3
4. morgeib
5. marc71178
6. centurymaker
7. Howe_zat
8. smalishah84
9. weeman27bob

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
This will be tough cause we might not have ENOUGH combinations so I decided to avoid it.
That and it's not really realistic - you might try and get away with 3 front line bowlers and play part-timers, or stock the batting order with all-rounders, etc.

Teams should include a wicketkeeper, though - and a reasonable balance It's not fair for some people to pick the best XI but one person pick an XI of bowling allrounders for points.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can I make an early request for the round order - instead of randomising each round, can we use the "conveyor belt" system used in the Random Player Draft? Would ensure everyone gets a go first, and we can pick more tactically.

I am in.......although I would request the time to increase from 12 hours to 24 hrs.
Thing is, we'd have to be finished before the Cup starts.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
24 would mean we potentially struggle to get it in before the tournament finishes. Would think that with 6 people can get a list to someone to cover in case of a quick run on picks?

Still think some sort of guideline is necessary to be honest - I know for the CW fantasy cricket we've classed all the all-rounders as either a batsman or a bowler and that provides enough of each.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can I make an early request for the round order - instead of randomising each round, can we use the "conveyor belt" system used in the Random Player Draft? Would ensure everyone gets a go first, and we can pick more tactically.
Like this, would say that after a number 1 pick, you drop to bottom in the list and so on.

What are the numbers limit?