• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

Himannv

International Coach
Despite good/ok performances from Morkel and Botha, its definitely not good enough to improve our position in the table yet. Need a few massive scores by more than one player to get anywhere from here.

Blaze 18

Banned
Exactly!! Its a conspiracy!! :@

It could very well be. :laugh: Not only did it ensure you didn't get points in that game, it also means Shoaib's not really a certainty in the eleven (thanks to the subsequent thrashing at the hands of Ross Taylor). I expect your standing to improve very soon, though. One remarkable thing about your side is it doesn't have any minnow players. Most of your players are from teams that have every chance of going all the way. I think there are two-three (maybe more) teams that have quite a few players from minnow teams, which means they won't be getting any points from those players once the group stages are over. That ought to work in your favour.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
It could very well be. :laugh: Not only did it ensure you didn't get points in that game, it also means Shoaib's not really a certainty in the eleven (thanks to the subsequent thrashing at the hands of Ross Taylor). I expect your standing to improve very soon, though. One remarkable thing about your side is it doesn't have any minnow players. Most of your players are from teams that have every chance of going all the way. I think there are two-three (maybe more) teams that have quite a few players from minnow teams, which means they won't be getting any points from those players once the group stages are over. That ought to work in your favour.
Yeah managed to make sure only players from non minnows got picked. The likes of Canada, Netherlands, Kenya, Bangladesh, Ireland and Sri Lanka were not good enough for me.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Graeme ****ing Smith. Am adamant Joe only did it to stop me picking Duminy as it meant we had our full South African quota :dry:#
If he wanted an opener he could've gone with Strauss (who I also suggested :p)

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Back to the foot of the table, and some way behind now. I worked out that our top ranked player, Jonathan Trott, is the 26th highest point scorer, and we've only got four players who have scored more than 200 points so far. :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Graeme ****ing Smith. Am adamant Joe only did it to stop me picking Duminy as it meant we had our full South African quota :dry:#
If he wanted an opener he could've gone with Strauss (who I also suggested :p)
Indeed, and it wouldn't have even ruined his plan to fill up your South African quota! :ph34r:

Himannv

International Coach
Couple of wickets for Tait. My team generally performs quite decently but decent performances dont seem to be getting us up that table.