• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

Blaze 18

Banned
Eleven teams - every team gets to pick first once. Isn't that what was decided at the start ? Personally, I don't see the point of a twelfth player or allowing replacements for injuries. It comes with the territory, as far as I am concerned. It isn't down to me though, I guess we will have to wait for KingKallis to come online.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If a player gets injured and is removed from the squad i would suggest his replacement is automatically used as a substitute.

For example If Mussey does not get into the Australian squad ,then Marsh would come in.

kingkallis

International Coach
Lets go ahead with NO 12th round and let the injured player be replaced by HIS replacement.

If Mussey gets injured and is being replaced by Marsh then Marsh will be your automatic replacement as well.

Everyone agree?

kingkallis

International Coach
Ok then I'll take Junaid Siddique

CricDraft XI

1. Virender Sehwag ( India ) /
2. Adrian Barath ( West Indies ) /
3. Mohammed Hafeez ( Pakistan ) / o
4. Junaid Siddique ( Bangladesh ) /
5. Paul Collingwood ( England ) / o
7. Brad Haddin ( Australia ) + /
8. Darren Sammy ( West Indies ) o /
9. Kyle Mills ( New Zealand ) o
10. Dale Steyn ( South Africa ) o
11. Doug Bollinger ( Australia ) o

4 Batsman | 3 All rounders | 1 Wicket keeper | 3 bowlers
( 3 | 3 | 1 | 3 )

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lets go ahead with NO 12th round and let the injured player be replaced by HIS replacement.

If Mussey gets injured and is being replaced by Marsh then Marsh will be your automatic replacement as well.

Everyone agree?
No I don't agree. Say hussey and ponting are both injured and marsh and ferguson replace them. Who gets who?

I would much prefer a 12th and final pick to be used at any time during the tournament..

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd much prefer '**** it' if he gets injured, your loss. I'd assumed it would be part of your rationale for picking someone. Goalposts are being shifted as we type.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd much prefer '**** it' if he gets injured, your loss. I'd assumed it would be part of your rationale for picking someone. Goalposts are being shifted as we type.
That's hardly fair imo. If someone gets injured and ruled out of the comp, then they should get a replacement imo.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Everyone agree?
What happens if it's a short term injury and they only miss a couple of games but don't go home? Tough luck?