• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Make it 18. Means people get time to research and sleep and go to work/school. 12 would probably be more efficient but some people may not be able to get online in that period.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You're forgetting the deadline though - there's only about a month to get this done. Assuming 10 entries, that's 110 picks - has to be 6 hours or it won't get completed.

kingkallis

International Coach
You're forgetting the deadline though - there's only about a month to get this done. Assuming 10 entries, that's 110 picks - has to be 6 hours or it won't get completed.
That exactly was my point. We will have to complete picking ALL players by 19th February 2011 or else I wont be able to keep counting ( though we have built an automated system to count points ) points on time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Whatever happens, the maximum is 19.

In the absence of a formal listing I'd suggest we have a minimum of, say, 5 batsmen, 3 bowlers.

A designated keeper (but only one - if someone picks 2 keepers then one is nominated as a batsman) then 2 players as the person sees fit?

kingkallis

International Coach
Ok so lets go for these 2 options :

5 batsman | 2 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers
4 batsman | 3 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 4 bowlers

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. kingkallis
2. NUFAN
3. M0rphin3
4. morgeib
5. marc71178
6. centurymaker
7. Howe_zat
8. smalishah84
9. weeman27bob
10. Blaze18
11. Teja
12. Somerset

Shall we aim for 12 participants, so as everyone gets a first go?

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
In if room. Fine with 6 hours.

I suggest considering pairing off participants to both maintain the 6 hour deadlines as well as get the drafting done by the 19th.

smash84

The Tiger King
maintain 12 hr please.....even if paired.....can someone explain the rules a little clearly???? This is the first time i m participating in a draft thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If we're trying 12 hours then it pretty much guarantees it being a wasted effort to be honest, the whole idea is to have a team by the start of the competition.