• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, seems I got it spot on on CS.

FTR, my reasoning was that 30 runs + 1 wicket a game = 60 points.

Tendulkar (or a similar batsman) averaging 60 runs a game = 60 points.

They're practically the same outcome as far as the points system goes (discounting for bonuses, of course).
That's no true Joe. If he scores 60, his first 50 = 50 points, his next 10 = 20 points, plus a 50 point bonus, so Tendy or a similar batsman scoring 60 actually gets him 120 points (plus or minus strike rate bonus).

BTW could someone possibly copy and paste the player categories (batsman, all rounder, bowler) etc the link is not working..

G.I.Joe

International Coach
That's no true Joe. If he scores 60, his first 50 = 50 points, his next 10 = 20 points, plus a 50 point bonus, so Tendy or a similar batsman scoring 60 actually gets him 120 points (plus or minus strike rate bonus).

BTW could someone possibly copy and paste the player categories (batsman, all rounder, bowler) etc the link is not working..
I knew about the bonus for milestones. I didn't know runs beyond 50 count for double.

It seems unfair to reward a batsman twice for crossing 50.

Besides, I don't think Yuvraj is the type to score 30 every innings. It'll most probable be a 0 and 60 for him, if he's to average 30 in the WC.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Round 2

Micheal7777777 & Contra - Daniel Vettori ( New Zealand )
weeman27bob & Cevno - Jacques Kallis ( South Africa )
M0rphin3 - ?
smalishah84 & Blaze18 - Umar Gul ( Pakistan )
HeathDavisSpeed & Flyonthewall - Brett Lee ( Australia )
NUFAN & marc71178 - Tilakratne Dilshan ( Sri Lanka )
Somerset & centurymaker - Gautam Gambhir ( India )
kingkallis - Brad Haddin ( Australia )
morgieb & Himmanv
weldone
G.I.Joe & Marcuss
Howe_zat & Teja

kingkallis

International Coach
CricDraft picks Brad Haddin as their 2nd opener and wicket keeper

CricDraft

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Brad Haddin ( + )

Athlai

Not Terrible
Upon his return I can stand down if he'd like me too. I'll have a looksie and get two picks in just now.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morne Morkel

1)
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9) Morne Morkel