Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan Discussion

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar

Pakistan Discussion

Squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Taufiq Umar, Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Naveed Yasin, Kamran Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmed, Salman Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Yasir Arafat, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Abdul Rehman, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Tanveer, Tanvir Ahmed, Junaid Khan, Aizaz Cheema, Asad Ali

Oh well...nothing too exciting here...other then the inclusion of Junaid Khan...I hope he makes it to the final line up...would love to see him in an ODI in NZ atm.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Pakistan are continuing their tradition of leaving out Fawad Alam for everything I'd pick him for and picking him for everything I'd leave him out of. That means he'll be in the final 15 man squad for the World Cup despite not being in the 30 - ITSTL.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 04-01-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Pakistan are continuing their tradition of leaving out Fawad Alam for everything I'd pick him in and picking for everything I'd leave him out of. That means he'll be in the final 15 man squad for the World Cup despite not being in the 30 - ITSTL.
    and the funny thing is he averages 38 in ODIs...

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Pakistan are continuing their tradition of leaving out Fawad Alam for everything I'd pick him in and picking for everything I'd leave him out of. That means he'll be in the final 15 man squad for the World Cup despite not being in the 30 - ITSTL.

Seriously a joke to exclude him after giving him all the chances and even sending him to NZ tbh.

And no Shoaib Malik? He's such gun in subcontinent, especially against India tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

W H A T T H E H E L L my heart is going, it seriously is!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

Yeah Malik is a solid flat track bully...especially against India he scores good...But I think his exclusion has to do with his attitude in the dressing room....I know Afridi wanted him in the team.

Alam should have been part of the squad for sure...its quite unfair to him....

U19 12th Man

Pakistan 15 Men World Cup Squad

Pakistan announced 15 Men Squad for the World Cup.

Shahid Afridi
    Misbah-ul-Haq
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Kamran Akmal (wk)
    Younis Khan
    Asad Shafiq
    Umar Akmal
    Abdul Razzaq
    Abdur Rehman
    Saeed Ajmal
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Umar Gul
    Wahab Riaz
    Sohail Tanvir
    Ahmed Shehzad

U19 12th Man
    I think they didn't pick a bad side. And Pakistan always perform well when they are not rated that high, Therefore reaching Semi's would be a good result for them???

By the way i would like these players to play most of the matches in world cup.

1. Ahmad Shehzad
    2. Muhammad Hafeez
    3. Kamran Akmal
    4. Younis Khan
    5. Shahid Afridi
    6. Asad Shafiq / Umar Akmal
    7. Abdul Razzaq
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Umar Gul
    10. Shoaib Akhter
    11. Saeed Ajmal / Abdul Rehman (If Abdul Rehman Plays, he would probabaly bat ahead of Shoaib Akhtar & Umar Gul).

Ahmad Shahzad would be good on slow & low pitches, Hafeez will be OK at times. If Kamran Akmal fires then that will do wonders for Pakistan. I hope Younis Khan will be able to bat with a strike rate of 80 +. Number 5 , 6 & 7 will score quickly & a decent bowling line up as well. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS TEAM?

That's probably one too many bowlers. Afridi at five is asking for trouble especially when The Jacket is batting eight.

U19 12th Man
    That's probably one too many bowlers. Afridi at five is asking for trouble especially when The Jacket is batting eight.
    Only thing that is going to win matches for Pakistan is bowling & i think more or less they will choose this side. & I think Wahab is a decent enough at hitting some boundries. About Afridi, If he realizes that he can score at 100 + plus strike rate with singles, He can score 350 + runs in the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    If he realizes that he can score at 100 + plus strike rate with singles, He can score 350 + runs in the World Cup.
    Maybe, but he won't. You don't pick players on what they might do in an alternate universe; Afridi isn't going to going to suddenly grow a batting brain after all this time. If he bats five in normal circumstances I'll be very, very surprised.

That side is a bit too bowling heavy, even if Pakistan turn it on one game and dismiss the opposition for under 200, the batting looks very shaky.

Misbah is scoring runs right now and if nothing else would add some stability. Riaz I rate but we can't leave out Razzaq, so he'd be the back up seamer. Hafeez can fill in as the extra option on Asian wickets.

Afridi may look too low at #7 but he can be used whenever he's needed, sent in higher if there's a calling for boundaries.

I'd also rather take Rehman than Ajmal. Even if their bowling is split evenly (and I for one would rather not see Ajmal bowling, if ya know what I mean ) Rehman offers more with the bat.

Ahmed Shezad
    Mohammed Hafeez
    Kamran Akmal
    Younis Khan
    Misbah Ul-Haq
    Asad Shafiq
    Shahid Afridi
    Abdul Razzaq
    Adbur Rehman
    Umar Gul
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    That side is a bit too bowling heavy, even if Pakistan turn it on one game and dismiss the opposition for under 200, the batting looks very shaky.

Misbah is scoring runs right now and if nothing else would add some stability. Riaz I rate but we can't leave out Razzaq, so he'd be the back up seamer. Hafeez can fill in as the extra option on Asian wickets.

Afridi may look too low at #7 but he can be used whenever he's needed, sent in higher if there's a calling for boundaries.

I'd also rather take Rehman than Ajmal. Even if their bowling is split evenly (and I for one would rather not see Ajmal bowling, if ya know what I mean ) Rehman offers more with the bat.

Ahmed Shezad
    Mohammed Hafeez
    Kamran Akmal
    Younis Khan
    Misbah Ul-Haq
    Asad Shafiq
    Shahid Afridi
    Abdul Razzaq
    Adbur Rehman
    Umar Gul
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Misbah is good but he actually scores runs at a very low strike rate, but i hope he finds some quick runs. & fully agreed with you about picking Abdul Rehman than Saeed Ajmal. But they will pick Saeed Ajmal, i know that.

U19 12th Man
    Maybe, but he won't. You don't pick players on what they might do in an alternate universe; Afridi isn't going to going to suddenly grow a batting brain after all this time. If he bats five in normal circumstances I'll be very, very surprised.
    Rite, But i have a feeling that Afridi's batting will be different this time. Specially seeing him do well in Asia Cup in Srilanka.

Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    Rite, But i have a feeling that Afridi's batting will be different this time. Specially seeing him do well in Asia Cup in Srilanka.
    Afridi has been picked based on what he might do rather than what he typically does do for some time, so at least this line of thought is consistent.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information