• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Discussion

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Sounds promising. Will he get a game though?

They should have brought him into the international scene earlier. Throwing a debutant into a tournament like the WC seems slightly rash.
Well throwing him in to a game against Canada or Kenya wouldn't hurt at all. our tougher games are later....in the earlier games he can certainly get a chance....but who would he replace...I would say may be Akhtar.

Faisal1985

Gah.

a) Why do so many Pakistani bowlers have the weird bent-arm thing going on and..

b) Where do they keep getting these fast bowlers! Junaid looks gun, someone who shouldn't be taken too lightly.
TBH i didn't feel his arm is bent to be a suspect....

He can certainly fill in the gap that Amir left for his stupidity.

Faisal1985

I don't think they do if they're not at the ground - it could just be a studio thing in Pakistan which gets crossed to in drinks breaks etc. I'm not exactly sure on what he's signed up as.
That's it....he is just going to sit down with a host before and after the game and during lunch and talk about different aspects of the game which no one really cares about....Moin Khan was doing it during the NZ test series the SA test series on Geo Super...and another old dude i have no idea what's his name was doing it during the recent ODI series.

Some TV channels would want him to do this just because he is popular, negatively or positively doesn't matter to them..

Faisal1985

At U-19 level Junaid Khan was among of a crop of the most promising young fast bowlers in recent years, alongside Mohammad Amir. Good pace and better stamina and an ability to move the ball around if the conditions are right, Khan finally made it to national contention when he was called up for Pakistan's 2011 World Cup squad as a late replacement for Sohail Tanvir.

Khan is from the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and has built up an impressive domestic career with Abbottabad, for whom he debuted in January 2007. The record acquires greater sheen given that Abbottabad are among the weaker sides on the circuit. Those performances have led him to Pakistan A selection, for whom he has been impressive in two series now, never less than when taking nine wickets in a 'Test' against Sri Lanka A in Hambantota in September 2010.
His cricinfo profile says he is from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa....so a genuine Pathan.....could be devastating for the opposition.

Xuhaib

International Coach
lol I don't know why people are hyping up Junaid frm the videos it seems the only reason he's got selected is because he looks like Aamer lite.Had a feeling Pakistan would soon start looking for another Aamer had no idea it would be so soon.

salman85

International Debutant
Glad to see Tanvir getting the boot.Hopefully he never plays for Pakistan again, unless ofcourse he becomes a good enough batsman to be picked on his willow powers alone :ph34r:.

Not a lot is known of Junaid, and i won't go too much into the youtube videos.But this exactly the way some of our best fast bowlers were discovered.And going by our recent history of unearthing new fast bowlers at World Cups,Junaid will have a great worldcup,and then either fizzle out,or bowl a 12 inch no-ball :ph34r:

salman85

International Debutant
I'm sure he will when Shoaib is rested.Gul and Wahab will feature in every game,and the third fast bowlers slot will be rotated between Shoaib and Junaid.Shoaib will be the 1st choice,and rightfully so,but i don't see him going the whole tournament without being rested.