• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B General Discussion

irottev

U19 Cricketer
England gonna get knocked out hahahaha. West Indies is a huge game. They'll obviously lose to SA. Bangladesh might beat them too.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
England gonna get knocked out hahahaha. West Indies is a huge game. They'll obviously lose to SA. Bangladesh might beat them too.
Didn't people say that about the India game, apart from that, England have had the wood on SA in recent times, beating them in SA in the one day series and also in the Champions Trophy.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't people say that about the India game, apart from that, England have had the wood on SA in recent times, beating them in SA in the one day series and also in the Champions Trophy.
Back when England was actually playing OK....

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, how good is this group! I don't know if the Dutch have another good performance in them, but with Ireland and Bangladesh this group really is wide open.

Meanwhile in Group A, Australia , Sri Lanka and Pakistan are sitting quietly in the corner accepting their good fortune... with NZ v Zim the only match of any consequence left in the group.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Played more or less the same as in the Netherlands match as they did here. Only this time it came back to bite England like it should have done last week.

A lot of people were writing England off before the India game and it'd be silly to do the same thing again. Obviously, South Africa go in as favourites.

Jacknife

International Captain
The champions trophy was straight after we had just lost 6-1 after the Ashes in 2009 and the one day series was straight after that, so it's really no different, they strung a few games together and played really well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Group of death!

This result gives Bangladesh and obviously Ireland a decent chance of progressing. I think both sides are capable of beating the Windies too, not to say they will.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
England are the spoilers in this group. Draw with India but lose to Ireland. They'll probably beat South Africa and lose to Bangladesh and the Windies.

Somerset Chops

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England win one more game then Bangladesh and Ireland have to win 2 games to get through , cant see either of them doing that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I love this group.

It's pretty funny how Bangladesh beat Ireland but they got thrashed by West Indies who got beaten by South Africa who lost to England after England lost to Ireland.

You know it makes sense. Eat lamb.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah I love this group.

It's pretty funny how Bangladesh beat Ireland but they got thrashed by West Indies who got beaten by South Africa who lost to England after England lost to Ireland.

You know it makes sense. Eat lamb.
Kevin O' Brien was hitting it so hard he single-handedly broke transistivity.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Based on my unscientific prognosticaitions, this is how I see it ending

1 India 11
2 West Indies 8
3 South Africa 8
4 England 7
5 Ireland 4
6 Bangladesh 4
7 Netherlands 0

Have taken India to beat SA and Windies to beat us, but could see both going either way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Personally think the yarps will thrash India and we'll win both our games, which would IIRC, leave it as thus:

1. Saffa - 10
2. India - 9
3. England - 9
4. West Indies - 6
5. Ireland - 4
6. bangas - 4
7. Holland - 0

Howe_zat

Audio File
Biggest question remaining is whether or not Ireland can turn over the Windies. Looking tough for them given the West Indies' bowling form.