Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Group B General Discussion

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Reckon Morgan will be quality in the conditions - should suit him perfectly. Great player of spin too...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Why ?
    Resting players from the final ODI series before a World Cup. Let me think about why that's a dumb idea...

Banned
    Every team plays warm-up matches before the World Cup, if I am not mistaken.

I'd back West Indies to top the group, or go all the way. They're a dangerous side who can turn things around when least expected, and have the X-factor to take them all the way, unlike, say, South Africa. We've seen them pull off virtual upsets, like the one against SA in 2003, or winning the 2005 Champions' Trophy, so they can't be written off totally. A lot will depend on Chris Gayle, who has a massive average here in India.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Pollard to do something awesome in the QF and take WI to the SF. Won't make the final though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    I'd back West Indies to top the group, or go all the way. They're a dangerous side who can turn things around when least expected, and have the X-factor to take them all the way, unlike, say, South Africa. We've seen them pull off virtual upsets, like the one against SA in 2003, or winning the 2005 Champions' Trophy, so they can't be written off totally. A lot will depend on Chris Gayle, who has a [B]massive average here in India.{/B]
    Yes, I remember the series he had in 2002, scored 3 100's if I remember.
    they could "upset" India or SA, but I doubt they will top the group.
    For that to happen Ind and SA will have to bat like they did in SA recently.
    Their bowling may set them back.
    Ind vs PAK Semi Final: PAK WINS

If the Sri Lankans turn up with superpowers they should fail the drugs tests imo.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Power hitting is massively over-rated in the short forms of the game.
    this is news to me. The best teams of the past few tournaments made it far on the back of some serious power hitters - Greatbatch in 1992, Jayasuriya in 1996, Klusener in 1999, Symonds/Gilchrist in 2003 and Gilchrist in 2007.

Im not saying pack the side with power hitters, but you need a balance. Packing a side with players like Strauss', Bells and Collingwood's is not exactly ideal.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Reasonably sure Gilly did **** all till the final in 07, that said Haydos had a big one.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    this is news to me. The best teams of the past few tournaments made it far on the back of some serious power hitters - Greatbatch in 1992, Jayasuriya in 1996, Klusener in 1999, Symonds/Gilchrist in 2003 and Gilchrist in 2007.

Im not saying pack the side with power hitters, but you need a balance. Packing a side with players like Strauss', Bells and Collingwood's is not exactly ideal.
    Completely AWTA. And I believe this is exactly the reason why England has done so poorly, over the years, in the shorter format of the game.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Power hitting is massively over-rated in the short forms of the game.
    He certainly seems to disagree

EDIT: Aww man, wish we get him back in this form for the WC
    Last edited by Turbinator; 28-01-2011 at 09:44 AM.

State Vice-Captain
    Inda, RSA and Eng should make it though. Hoping BD get the fourth spot, can see them pulling an upset against any one of the other 4 big sides.

Then again, BD are most vunlerable to a loss at the hands of Netherlands or Ireland.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Chehtha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    I'd back West Indies to top the group, or go all the way. They're a dangerous side who can turn things around when least expected, and have the X-factor to take them all the way, unlike, say, South Africa. We've seen them pull off virtual upsets, like the one against SA in 2003, or winning the 2005 Champions' Trophy, so they can't be written off totally. A lot will depend on Chris Gayle, who has a massive average here in India.
    Well not very sure about WI topping the group. But very much a dark horse. Would join Bangladesh as being the most unpredictable team in the group. Just get the feeling of a major upset happening in the group with one of the top teams getting eliminated. Who knows a little momentum on their side can ensure just that.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Hope they dont do that against us.
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Chehtha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    Hope they dont do that against us.
    I dont see it happening to us. We are really strong at home and added to that have faced the same scenario last time around. So cannot expect india to again bite the dust.Maybe an occassional bad game .But I have a very strong feeling that it would be a very important WC for bangladesh. Guess this is the time for them to announce their real arrival to the international level just like how the Sri lankan team did in the 1996 edition.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information