• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B General Discussion

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well - the Aus - Ind match becomes a serious possibility with Aus 169/8 as it stands.

Suits me - I'd much rather have SA against NZ anyway. 8-)

It doesn't really matter, you all have to face off at some point. Plus Australia in some respects are looking quite frail, not only here but the rained off match v S Lanka too.

I back India to beat them.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
The Indian team must be extremely worried now. They lost two matches which they had in the bag by poor bowling, captaincy, batting and fielding. They stand no chance against Australia.

Dhoni will surely get fired after quarter finals.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
It doesn't really matter, you all have to face off at some point.
Not arguing that I'd rather face them in the semis or the final. But yes - there's no more easy matches out there.

Dhoni will surely get fired after quarter finals.
Why? By far the best captain India had - ever. Losing perspective a little me thinks.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not arguing that I'd rather face them in the semis or the final. But yes - there's no more easy matches out there.

Why? By far the best captain India had - ever. Losing perspective a little me thinks.
No way, Ganguly is the best captain India has had so far. Gambhir is a better tactician than Dhoni anyway. He isn't even the best captain in the XI.

smash84

The Tiger King
No way, Ganguly is the best captain India has had so far. Gambhir is a better tactician than Dhoni anyway. He isn't even the best captain in the XI.
I think it is close between Ganguly and Dhoni. I think that Dhoni edges out Ganguly for me.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think it is close between Ganguly and Dhoni. I think that Dhoni edges out Ganguly for me.
Ganguly was more open about giving new players lots of chances before giving up on them, he brought Yuvraj Singh, Kaif, Raina, Zaheer, Sehwag, Gambhir and Dhoni himself into the team. I don't see Dhoni getting talented players into the team and grooming them like Ganguly did in his 3 years of captaincy. Dhoni has just been at the right place at the right time and he is enjoying the results of seeds sown by the guys before him. Anybody can do what he has done so far with this side.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ganguly was more open about giving new players lots of chances before giving up on them, he brought Yuvraj Singh, Kaif, Raina, Zaheer, Sehwag, Gambhir and Dhoni himself into the team. I don't see Dhoni getting talented players into the team and grooming them like Ganguly did in his 3 years of captaincy. Dhoni has just been at the right place at the right time and he is enjoying the results of seeds sown by the guys before him. Anybody can do what he has done so far with this side.
India are number 1 test side under Dhoni and that is an achievement. I don't really rate him that high except for the fact that he has a certain Midas touch. At times no matter what he does pulls off something good for india. Ganguly didn't have that magic touch

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I sent messages to all three mods requesting to change of my username. None replied.

Are they all australians or some other countries. I bet they like my username a lot because 90% people here really want India to be out of this competition.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Why are you such a downer all the time. Everybody here wants to watch good matches and for their own teams to win. Just be patient with that name change request.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Why are you such a downer all the time. Everybody here wants to watch good matches and for their own teams to win. Just be patient with that name change request.
sigh....I guess you are right. Did you watch that NDTV panel. Everyone still feels India has it in them to beat Australia. I hope they are right. But history suggests that we don't do well against Australia.

We need to perform as a team. Sachin's 100 isn't enough. The bowlers gotta take wickets and fielding needs major improvement.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
sigh....I guess you are right. Did you watch that NDTV panel. Everyone still feels India has it in them to beat Australia. I hope they are right. But history suggests that we don't do well against Australia.

We need to perform as a team. Sachin's 100 isn't enough. The bowlers gotta take wickets and fielding needs major improvement.
The match will be played at Ahmadabad where India would probably produce a spinning track against the Aussies. Just enjoy the match, because most people here will (inc me). And if India does lose then it's not the end of the world (just like I will forget about Pak losing after a few weeks and will concentrate on the series against West Indies). It's all part of being a cricket fan; sometimes your team wins (extreme high) and other times they lose (extreme low). I hope this makes you feel better.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Don't worry, the world won't end if India live up to your username.

Blaze 18

Banned
I sent messages to all three mods requesting to change of my username. None replied.

Are they all australians or some other countries. I bet they like my username a lot because 90% people here really want India to be out of this competition.

The match will be played at Ahmadabad where India would probably produce a spinning track against the Aussies. Just enjoy the match, because most people here will (inc me). And if India does lose then it's not the end of the world (just like I will forget about Pak losing after a few weeks and will concentrate on the series against West Indies). It's all part of being a cricket fan; sometimes your team wins (extreme high) and other times they lose (extreme low). I hope this makes you feel better.
8-) :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Ahmedabad isn't known for being anything other than a misplaced small aircraft landing strip, isn't it? Or is that just Tests?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm on the brink of cheering for SA for the WC tbh. I've never been that emotionally connected with the Indian ODI side(unlike my love for the test side) and watching SA bowl is an absolute treat plus I have money on South Africa and some of the Indian players seem to have a **** attitude re the WC.

Will probably change if Sreesanth plays, mind. :ph34r:

Just want to watch the best cricket possible really and with India it seems to be a case of incredibly disproportionate ability between bat and ball which leads to the game panning out to be Get hit for a million runs and score a million runs. I reckon I'd enjoy a final between anyone among SA/Pak/Oz more than one involving India. There I said it.
India most certainly is not winning though. SA has a murderous top-order too and actually has a bowling attack.
Hey Teja. What's up Teja. :)

Haha, we'll see how "murderous" they are in the knockout games. It looks like they'll be facing Pakistan in the quarters, a much better side under pressure. We'll wait and see if South Africa can walk the walk when it matters. Given their history, I will not be waiting with bated breath.
Blaze WAG :cool: