Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Group B General Discussion

State Vice-Captain
    Yea, same. BD > England for me sadly.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Why sadly?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    Just to gather some public opnion,which teams from Group B do you want to go through to the QF?

I'll start it off : In no particular order..India,SouthAfrica,West Indies,Bangladesh.
    India, South Africa, West Indies, England.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    Well said, it really frustrates me that no matter what the West Indies do they always get underestimated, a lot of people were saying it would not even be an upset if they lost to Bangladesh and they bundled them out for their lowest ever score 58 as you say, they are a dangerous team who can beat anyone on their day.
    As a WI fan, I don't mind, because the Windies seem to play better when teams under-rate them....

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    Why sadly?
    England have put on the best matches this WC, would love to see what they have in store when it gets to the KO stage.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    As a WI fan, I don't mind, because the Windies seem to play better when teams under-rate them....
    As a WI fan, I would like to see an INDIA vs. WI final match.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Right, so, tables.

1) India are through, Netherlands are out.

2) West Indies are almost certainly through - even if they lose to England and India - as they can only go out on NRR, and that is currently exceptional.

3) England are through if they beat the Windies, but if they lose they will likely go out to Bangladesh or possibly Ireland. If they lose, they will be relying on the Netherlands to see them through.

4) South Africa, if they lose to India, could be in serious danger as their match against Bangladesh will become effectively knockout. They'd also have the Irish to negotiate.

5) Ireland themselves are out unless they can beat South Africa and see off the Dutch. Even then they will need England to lose.

6) Bangladesh will need to beat the Netherlands, and then they will go through if either they beat SA or England lose to the West Indies.
    Is that right? If India, England and Bangladesh all win their remaining games and SA lose to the Banglas and beat the Irish I make them out on 6 points.

India 9
    SA 8
    Bangladesh 8
    England 7
    Windies 6
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Is that right? If India, England and Bangladesh all win their remaining games and SA lose to the Banglas and beat the Irish I make them out on 6 points.

India 9
    SA 8
    Bangladesh 8
    England 7
    Windies 6
    Ah, yes, re-reading that I didn't take England's point from the tie into account properly. Probably best to ignore me for now. I'll have another go in a few matches..
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

I'm on the brink of cheering for SA for the WC tbh. I've never been that emotionally connected with the Indian ODI side(unlike my love for the test side) and watching SA bowl is an absolute treat plus I have money on South Africa and some of the Indian players seem to have a **** attitude re the WC.

Will probably change if Sreesanth plays, mind.

Just want to watch the best cricket possible really and with India it seems to be a case of incredibly disproportionate ability between bat and ball which leads to the game panning out to be Get hit for a million runs and score a million runs. I reckon I'd enjoy a final between anyone among SA/Pak/Oz more than one involving India. There I said it.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Just don't expect to be part of the celebrations when India wins the cup

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Just don't expect to be part of the celebrations when India wins the cup
    He'll probably be celebrating with Sreesanth.

Sree winning a WC medal would surely be reason for celebration tbf.

India most certainly is not winning though. SA has a murderous top-order too and actually has a bowling attack.

Banned
    Haha, we'll see how "murderous" they are in the knockout games. It looks like they'll be facing Pakistan in the quarters, a much better side under pressure. We'll wait and see if South Africa can walk the walk when it matters. Given their history, I will not be waiting with bated breath.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Sree winning a WC medal would surely be reason for celebration tbf.

India most certainly is not winning though. SA has a murderous top-order too and actually has a bowling attack.
    This is what they said back in 83'. And we all know what happen. I'm surprised by the lack of belief people can show when it comes down to sports. Such is the beauty of it that you can expect the unexpected. We've seen it throughout history. Cricket is not played on paper, no sport is. And this is why self-belief, and passion are two of the most important characteristics to achieve the impossible. And this sort of mentality transfers over in other facets of life. There've been many times when I've been down and out against the opposition (in whatever form it has come), but you have to persevere, believe, and be positive to overcome adversity. And when I watch cricket (or any sport for that matter), and when I cheer for India, I cheer for them in the same way.

As for the bolded part, if I had said the same about England or some other team, 100 people + Sanz would jump on my back for being "patronising and condescending".

England most certainly is not winning too.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information